Author Topic: Cross dominant sight question  (Read 4418 times)

bimmerland

Cross dominant sight question
« on: December 22, 2011, 02:38:48 PM »
Since I am cross dominant (RH shooting with left eye).  The rear sight does not give me a good sight picture when shooting at 50 feet.  Are there any reasonably priced sight that are adjustable for my style of shooting.  Interestingly my P228 with stock sights give me a better picture that the stock CZ75B sights.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Cross dominant sight question
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »
Weeeeelllll. You can always try and retrain your right eye. I can shoot with either, I'm just right hand dominant, so I shoot with my right hand/eye. I'm actually left handed, but I can switch hit at baseball and golf, as well as bowl with either hand. you can try to get the crazy glasses that help you train yourself. Cheaperthandirt has them. Or you can try getting some dovetail sights. I hear those are better, but thats just what I've heard.

bimmerland

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
So what are the best sights for target practice?  CZ not being used for EDC or SD..  Thanks
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 10:14:31 PM by bimmerland »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
            So then, when we get together if you offer to play golf (no doubt putt putt golf also) Bowl, or spend time in the batting cages for money I should either just hand you money to save time and sweat or just say no?  :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »
Since I am cross dominant (RH shooting with left eye).  The rear sight does not give me a good sight picture when shooting at 50 feet.    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks

I amvery happy with the HiViz sights that I put on my 75BD.  The cost $100 from HiViz and you should probably have a gunsmith mount them.   There is a picture that shows the sights at

http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=900.0