Author Topic: 527 Carbine Front Sight Adjustable  (Read 3918 times)

Offline joecbr

527 Carbine Front Sight Adjustable
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:32:08 PM »
I am really loving my 527 carbine in 223.  Today I discovered the height of the front sight is easily adjustable. There are two 1.5 hex bolts that can be adjusted in-or-out, moving the front sight up or down as needed.  They were finger tight on my rifle. My 527 was manufactured in 2018. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would. The manual does say the front sight is height adjustable, but gives no information whatsoever on how to go about making the adjustment, or whether adjustable means you need to install a different height blade. I've had 2 trips to the range and she is smoothing out nicely. I did have to dress the magazine lips a touch to get the rounds to feed smoothly. There were some small burrs that were cutting grooves into the casings. I love the bolt. It has a high quality finish, looks precision, and is running very nicely.

Offline david

Re: 527 Carbine Front Sight Adjustable
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
They make the same front sight for one of their 22 rimfire rifles. On the 455 Full Stock rimfire the front sight base slopes down towards the muzzle. The sight blade is shaped like a baby shark fin and slides up or down this sight base ramp. Anyway I didn't like the look of the 455's front sight and replaced it with the front sight similar to yours. It sits back about 3/16ths of an inch more than the original but looks better. On the older 527 Carbines sight elevation corrections were done by ordering a new sight bead and replacing it. I know also that the front sight screws tend to be lose as the only place I could find a replacement locally was a R/C model store. Now I make sure they are snug. I'm of the opinion that your style front sight not only looks better it's more use full.