Author Topic: Wanted Interactive Excel Spread Sheet Expert  (Read 18386 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Wanted Interactive Excel Spread Sheet Expert
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »
     Here's the deal. I am trying to make a chart so that every Holster Maker and then Grip Maker I can find to send it to can fill it out and send it back. The one I have sent so far has had about 2 responces both saying they can't do any mark up, One gentleman said form needed to be sent in an Open Office format. So I did, now he says nope it needs to be a PDF file or MS Word file.

Is there any member that has the expertise to help me do this layout in some sort of universal interactive or markup form, so everyone benefits. Us and the Makers?  :embarrassed:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Tech23

Re: Wanted Interactive Excel Spread Sheet Expert
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
I am not sure if I understand you correctly or not...but here is my attempt if I do:

In the excell format you can put the holster cost which in this picture is line 1 column D; then line 2 colume D I put 15% for markup and then my total is line 3 column D.

To make line 2 column D automatically do the 15% or whatever percentage you want, just click in the fx box up above and type in the line # and Column number and the percentage you want in this example I typed in: =D1*15% so this box will always do a 15% markup on whatever cost I put in the D1 box. 

Then I clicked one time on the D1 box and held down while scrolling down to D3 which highlighted all three boxes:

ANd then in the upper lefthand area of the page you will see Autosum, jsut click on it and now Box D3 will always add the total of D1 and D2.

Then you can change the D1 box from $75 to like $150 and it will automatically change the markup box to the correct 15% and automatically add the 2 lines together in box D3.

Hope this helps, if not then let me know and I will have you email me your document and I will try to make it do what you are wanting and send it back to you.

Ted

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:07:22 PM »
      Thank you very much for the time and effort you did for me. You are much thanked and I appreciated. If you look at the Holster Board I think the second sticky note has what I was trying to do/ make but I have had one person fill it out and send it back perfectly like I hoped, and 2 that either didn't even try or said they couldn't get it to open so they just sent a list I have no idea how I am going to figure out their codes for so I can put them on the spreed sheet myself.
       If you have an idea on how I can send that as an attachment and in a form anyone can use I would love to know how, please.
Thank you again Tech23,
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Tech23

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:03 PM »
You're welcome, I will check it out!