Author Topic: Finally got my 75b 9mm!! :)  (Read 6598 times)

Wolfbyte2586

Finally got my 75b 9mm!! :)
« on: April 04, 2012, 01:19:00 PM »
After a grueling month long search, several hours of wading through Gun Show booths and pistol cases, and what had to be the longest 10 day wait ever, I finally picked up my CZ 75b yesterday, and I couldn't be more excited to take her out on the range this weekend!

This is a link to the pic posted on my facebook, so I don't know how well everyone will be able to see it, but I can't access a photo upload site from my work computer :/ If the link doesn't work I'll use a proper hosting site once I get home tonight, but I was too excited not to share!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545196_568859995106_225501439_1225623_413485862_n.jpg

CZ04FT

Re: Finally got my 75b 9mm!! :)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 02:19:09 PM »
A thing of beauty! Enjoy. Clean it and take it out and give it some loving! Post a range report along with pictures. (The link to the photo worked fine.)

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
Congrats!!! It's gorgeous...clean it and have fun....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
It's gorgeous! How do you like it so far?

Wolfbyte2586

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »
Unfortunately, haven't been able to take it to the range yet (darn you work!) so I've only been able to field strip it and just get used to the heft of it in my hand while at home, but I already remember why I loved it when I rented it. Gonna give it a good cleaning this weekend before taking it to the range on Saturday, so I'll post about my first range experience with it, and try to get some pics of my target (or whats left of it  :wink: )

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:33:15 AM »
     Shiny! Picked a good CZ to start off with. Surprised you had so much trouble finding one, But I guess CZUB is still trying to fill the orders from both the Israeli Gov and the Czech Gov's. Looking forward to seeing those targets.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
Your mention of the Czech and Israeli armies reminds me of a "conversation" I had with a ".45 is the only round that will stop an elephant on meth" guy yesterday. I guess he knows something that half the armies of the world don't.  :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »

I hope he never meets a ".45 is the only round that will stop an elephant on meth". Frankly can't think of where an elephant could find a meth supplier that could meet its needs. As for stopping it with a .45 I don't think a straight up .45 would stop a baby elephant let alone a full grown one straight or jacked up.

And having dealt with, on a personal level as a LEO, Meth addicts I believe I'm safe in asking was the guys eyes brown? Cause he was full of it. There is a documented case of a drug dealer back in the 80's that was roughly 6 foot and in shape. He took 6 rounds from a .44 center mass and lived, Well sort of lived, for a year in the hospital. Now the last time I checked pretty sure that a .44 has a tad more force and penetration behind it, and it has trouble stopping Grizzlies. Unless the guy stood rock steady and waited until the last second and Hit the brain first shot in the instant off spot. Even dead that elephant will still keep coming until the rest of it realizes it's dead and needs to fall down. BTW the guy would have to be standing to the side to hit the elephants brain at all since it's well back of the frontal bone or forehead. We're talking pistols here not rifles.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
You know how those .45 guys are... "The 9mm leaves a little hole. But look at that .45... Flying ashtray!" They get a little too excited, if you ask me! haha!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »
I usually don't hunt Elephants on meth, but when I do, I prefer a Daisy. - The most interesting man in the world.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:06:51 PM »
I usually don't hunt Elephants on meth, but when I do, I prefer a Daisy. - The most interesting man in the world.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad