Author Topic: CC tomorrow  (Read 69003 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CC tomorrow
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:50 AM »
             It's not all that different with Paypal. If they Know, know you are using them as the middlepersons in a weapons transaction, then will not only stop it they will ban you from ever using them again. (Actually all you need then is a VPN, a new email, and a different Credit Card) But there is no way at all those sanctimonious, two faced, hypocritical wankers aren't aware their service is used to buy weapons 24/7 365. And to make matters even more insulting, is that E-Bay owns PayHell and they (E-Bay) allow everything this side of a working firearm to be sold on their site. So as long as you don't tell PayHell What you are buying they are happy to take your money.  :angry: Janus (the 2 faced demi-god of the Greeks or Romans or the Washington Belt Way) should be the Patron Saint of that whole company or at least their corporate Logo
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 09:43:37 AM »
Ghost...don't hold back, tell us what you really think....... :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
Well if you really want me too.................................. :tongue: :angel:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Byrd666

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
This is basically what I did.

I started by wearing my gun, CZ83 in a Yaqui style owb holster, in my holster at all times possible while in the house and secure in knowing I wasn't going to boo-boo in any way because there was no way I could. Who could see me? After I got comfortable with that after a few days, a short jaunt to the local WallyWorld to pick up some milk and bread. I was of course, overdressed with my leather jacket on a semi mild and fairly warm day.  The next day was warmer so I set out in a thick t-shirt and jeans to the local tradin' post. The only person that noticed anything different that day was the guy I was talking to about buying a new rifle at the tradin' post, and he only gave me a small knowing look that said I was doing okay with it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to show anything, or even attempt to hide anything, I think, as was mentioned before, you just have to "forget" it's there and go on with a normal routine. Just remember the purpose. I hate to say this but, most people don't/won't notice anything unless it's grossly out of place.

Oh yeah, the first time I walked out of the house with my gun on, I felt as though I had a spotlight shining on me and a neon sign flashing on all sides of me

b5.5dan

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
Good idea! I always wear arpund the house. A couple people have asked why. I have some home invasion footage to share. I do need to lose some weight for more comfortable carry though...  :laugh:

amryan11

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »

I have some home invasion footage to share.
Love it!

amryan11

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 09:17:07 PM »
I was just thinking about something and I wanted to hear people's thoughts.
I have a CZ 75B and I'm planning on carrying it as soon as my custom holster and CCW permit arrive... both are taking longer than I had hoped but should be here by end of month hopefully (of course until Jan 2nd-3rd I'll be in gun-hating Illinois... oh well, bringing the guns anyway!). So, I realized when I was taking the CC course, the 75B has no decocker or anything, which means, if you load the magazine then rack the slide to carry a round chambered, the hammer is cocked. Say you don't want to carry it cocked and locked, you want the hammer down and safety on. Well then, as far as I can tell, you have to carefully start to pull the trigger while lowering the hammer manually while keeping a hold on it. Now of course I have done this several times, but unless I'm at the range or something where I can point downrange it makes me a little nervous if I have to set it up like this say at home or something. Nobody's perfect, and if you slip up and drop the hammer you may have a shot go off... but I see no way around this. If anybody has anything to say on this issue I'd like to hear it. I'd like to carry with a round chambered but not with the hammer cocked, personally.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 09:30:04 PM »
I have been using guns that had none of these no fangled decockers and stuff and never had a problem releasing the hammer. I had a 1911 for many years, just keep your thumb between the firing pin and the hammer and drop slowly and you should have no issue......
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
You don't want your hammer down on a live round. All it takes is a little snag and boom! It's Tex Grebner all over again. These pistols are designed to be carried C1. I have every faith in the safety of the, well, safety.  :laugh:

amryan11

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 09:35:48 PM »
Yeah, I mean I see it both ways because relying 100% on a decocker isn't necessarily failsafe either... chances of it failing on you seem next to nothing, but things happen... guess it depends who you ask though.

amryan11

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
Dan,
Can you clarify how you're more likely to have accidental discharge with hammer down than C1? Maybe I am not understanding something functionally...

b5.5dan

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 10:41:44 PM »
Yep. As soon as I get home and off my phone haha

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
From what I understand, unless its an old gun, the likelyhood of it going off with the hammer down is pretty slim.....It is best to carry cocked and locked and use the safety, I have never had an issue, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.....just very unlikely....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
So, with half-cock safeties the chances are pretty slim, but the danger would be in something catching the hammer, pulling it back not far enough to catch the half-cock but *just* far enough, and then releasing it. I don't know how likely it is to happen, but I would imagine that it's far more likely than if the hammer is cocked and the safety is on.

amryan11

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 11:13:21 PM »
Yeah, while that scenario seems fairly unlikely, I see your point, and obviously you don't want that risk. I believe my 75B has a half cock safety, unless I'm mistaken. I'll have to look at it. Thanks for the info!