Author Topic: My First CZ  (Read 7808 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
My First CZ
« on: January 31, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
This is the CZ I started out with
I bought it in 9mm along with a fitted Kadet .22lr Conversion Kit
It is pretty much stock except for the added night sights, an alloy trigger and a trigger job by CZ Mike
As a 9mm, it is quite accurate, but with the Kadet Kit mounted on it, IT ROCKS
I’ve shot The Kadet mounted B-SA against guys with their High Dollar Olympic Style .22lr pistols and I have really embarrassed/impressed a few
The CZ75B-SA is a fine platform
Shoot safe all, Den S
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Sunkist

Re: My First CZ
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
I just joined the club. Angus and company shipped my new 75B SA .40 yesterday. It should be at my FFL's shop tomorrow. I did my homework and I'm sure I'm waiting for what will be my favorite .40. I'm a longtime fan and owner of a bunch of Sig's P-Series pistols but I have always wanted a 1911 style pistol. The problem has been the costs of tooling up for a brand new (to me) caliber. I have thousands of .40 cases, die sets, molds, cast bullets, etc. And, the 1911's in forty are just too damn much money so I started hunting around and found the CZ 75 SA.

I think I will be glad I did. If it ever gets above freezing in my neck of the woods, I'll spend a day at the range w/ my new pistol and post a range report. It was -30 degrees here at 7 AM today. The high is supposed to be a blistering 9 above later this afternoon.

Jim aka Sunkist

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
If I haven't already welcomed you then please Welcome to the Forum. You picked a fine pistol as your first CZ. I do believe you will never look back after your first day on the range.  ;D  I also think it won't be your only CZ either. I once only had a single CZ 75 back before they were temporally banned, but as I gaze fondly at the 30 I now own I think back to that day in the gun shop when I held my first CZ, and smile. And with no regrets except that I wish I had more time to shot them.  8)
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Sunkist

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:08:57 PM »
I picked up my pistol yesterday. She's a beauty. I only had time wipe it down and fire one mag before I had to leave on a weekend trip. Feels great and they all grouped tight at POA at 10 yds.
Question-it came with 2 10-rd mags, a cleaning rod and a brush and a small bag with 2 small allen set screws. The only place I see screws similar are on the trigger, one in front and one a little higher in the back. What is their function? I couldn't find them on the parts diagram-the triggers there are smooth, no screws.

Sunkist

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »
OK-I know now that they are over travel adjustment screws. How do I use them? I'd rather not experiment and there isn't a reference to them in the manual.
Thanks,
Jim

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:44:36 PM »
Jim:
SETTING YOUR TAKE-UP and OVER TRAVEL
Make doubly sure your pistol is unloaded and no magazine is inserted before starting this
One screw is the “take-up setting”
Hammer cocked turn the screw until the pistol fires, then back the screw off ½ turn
Cock the hammer, if the hammer doesn’t hold full cocked, then back off another ¼ turn until it does
Once the hammer stays cocked, then turn the screw another ¼ turn and now your take-up is set
Check your take-up, it should be very slight
The other screw is your “over travel setting”
Cock and fire the pistol while tightening the screw ½ turn at a time
Repeat this until the hammer DOES NOT fall
Then loosen the screw ¼ turn and try the trigger
Repeat this until the hammer does fall, then loosen the screw another¼ turn and now your over travel is set
Dry fire the pistol several times to ensure it fires every time the trigger is squeezed
Hope this helps
Be safe, Shoot safe, Den S

So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:23:17 AM »
THanks for explaining how to do that Den, Frankly I have been wondering how that was done and now I know. Question: if there is going to be that much dry firing does it matter either way if a snap cap is used for the adjusting to protect the firing pin or is that only in/on/for some weapons and not others? Allways wondered about that also.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »

This is my first CZ, a model CZ75BSA, that I bought used ,at a gun show, for $350.00.
   A previous owner had changed the sights & the grips. It is very accurate & runs flawlessly.
   I own 2 other CZs, a CZ 82 & a CZ70.

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »

There should be a happy medium, somewhere between these 2 pics., can some one tell me how to find it?

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
 Please ignore my previous post, I didn't know you could resize a pic.
 after it had been posted, but evidently you can.
  Just an idea, maybe we should have a  place for people to practice posting
 pictures.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 07:10:04 PM »
DB:
No matter the pic size...The pistol's still a beaut
I love my B-SA
Shoot safe, Den S

drewogatory

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »
Just ordered and paid for my S.A. today. Going to be awhile, unfortunately. I already ordered a Kadet and a BlueGun; any other must haves? (Besides sending it to the custom shop; I'm sure that will happen :) )

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
    LOL well that sort of depends on your definition of must haves. MY must haves all revolve around hard to find CZ's, that I can use when ever or in some cases if they are NIB and rare(ish) then they stay in the box and I look for one that's used. Bad hobby to take up if your bank account is as bad as mine is. Then again I love my 75 preban that I have carried all my adult life. and RAMI has turned my gaze towards RAMI's also. I am not sure that's where I want to go but I have had at least one and liked it, so maybe I'll get another, but for now the back up and or sometimes carry choice is one of the P-07's that CZCustom made only 7 of. Part Shadow, part Duty ALL sweet and a tack driver to boot.
    And let me take this moment you Welcome you to the Forum and since you have allready met some of our members you can see we have a great bunch of folks here and we look forward to your participation.