Author Topic: Trigger Travel Adjustment??  (Read 3864 times)

mpowers

Trigger Travel Adjustment??
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
I just recently purchased a CZ 75 Compact 9mm (dual tone). Can the trigger travel be adjusted (not sure if I'm using the right terminology)?
After I've fired a shot and pulled the trigger all the way to the rear, I release slowly feeling for that point where it resets for the next shot.  I have to let the trigger almsot all the way out before it resets.  Can that be adjusted, or is there another trigger that will work in this gun?  I'm used to the fairly short reset on my Kimber and Glock.  I would love to have that same feeling on the CZ.

Thanks for your help!!!

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: Trigger Travel Adjustment??
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
It doesn't seem to be excessive on my 75B. The Glock has a striker that goes back to half-cock and must have slide travel to fully cock. Not the same as a DA/SA which you can pull again and again in a DA mode. It should be very similar to the Kimber.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Trigger Travel Adjustment??
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:23:12 PM »
       Kinda hard to say actually. But I am fairly sure adjusting the travel on a compact is not something that can be done out side a gunsmiths shop, or someone very much like a gunsmith. But just to be clear, and no offense intended I assure you, but is yours just a CZ Compact in 9mm or is the CZ 75 D PCR? If it's the second then if Definitely has to go to a real gunsmith because of the way the Decocker interacts with the trigger. If it's is the Compact D PCR, I would think hard about sending it to CZCustom to have them do the trigger work, If as you posted it's the compact then a good gunsmith can do a trigger job on it for you.

And while I an here I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Forum and hope you get to know some of our Members. Everyone helps out everyone else when and where they can, so never hesitate to ask any questions you may have, After all everysingle one of us started out as a Newbie when we first started out with any new thing.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice