Author Topic: Looking Forward to T&E for this!!  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Looking Forward to T&E for this!!
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:19 PM »
Spoke to Zach at CZ-USA and czforum is on the list to get one of the next CZ712 Practical shotguns that is purpose built for 3 gun. Haven't seen any videos of this particular model yet. Hopefully we will be one of the first to do a video review. It will also be our first CZ shotgun reviews.

Check it out at :   http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-712-practical-12-22-extended-magazine-m4-style-adj-stock-5-choke-tubes/

Offline frgood

Re: Looking Forward to T&E for this!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:55:35 PM »
That will be interesting indeed. I purchased a 712 and extended and blackened it with the same plan in mind.
I'm going to be very curious, indeed.

:wink:

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
I love shooting shotgun, and the local gun club does shotgun matches a lot In the fall. Can't wait to put some rounds through it.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 02:50:41 AM »
Finally got one of these to review. Review will be up after we return from shot show.

Offline frgood

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:28:43 AM »
I think the operation procedure is a little different than typical shotguns as many of the old timers at my range were of no use when I brought it out for the first time to the trap field.

After doing what I should have done, which is read the manual, the order of operation is very easy and natural. It was basically the drill to reload after the slide lock followed by depressing the carrier drop lever before releasing the bolt.

That had everyone confounded at the Trap range. Now it runs smooth as silk. I am very happy with it.

rem1903a3

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »
Had mine for about 6 weeks now but I've yet to get it out to the range.  Frustration to the max! Not normally a shotgunner, but since this one existed, I had to add it to my collection. 

Panoply76

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:17:54 PM »
So, the verdict so far on this amazing piece of Czech glory is that it shoots as well as all the other CZ's I've owned?  Or you've owned, since you presumably don't know how many or what I own?

I DO want to know y'all's opinion - and please don't be shy!  If it's as good as these posts imply...

GREAT news!  Makes me feel more comfortable when I drop some money on getting one.  @Rem1903a3, I know what you mean.  I've not owned a shotgun in well over a decade.  Have shot them far more recently, but you know what I mean.  No true comfort or skill left with shotguns.  It's atrophied away.

Can't wait!

rem1903a3

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 06:26:43 AM »
I may be a newb on this board, but I'm not a newb to CZ.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 01:55:51 AM »
Between Shot Show, the flu, work, and other stuff, I haven't gotten to even shoot it yet. AND I think it has to go back at the end of the month.  :angry:
I have Tues-Thurs off and I intend on going and blowing up some stuff.

Panoply76

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
 :shocked:   Jesus God Rem1903a3!!!!!!

You MUST be a collector, one who I envy!  You've more CZ pistols than I have firearms of any type!!!!  (though I'd equal your # of CZ autos if I could add my traditional longbow)

AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!  If I may ask, if you could have only ONE of these which would it be and why?  It'd not only help ME select another CZ auto, it'd help ANY prospective CZ pistol buyer.  So, if you'd be so kind.... 

If this is impossible for you (I can relate to the feeling), PLEASE do your best and get the number down as low as possible.  2?  3, tops?  And WHY is, of course, the biggy.

Dankje,
Pan

rem1903a3

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:23 PM »
I'd respond with the CZ 75 Compact .40 / P-01.  Perfect size and grip for me. Neither came with night sights, but easily remedied with Meprolights.  I also prefer the weight of the Compact for .40S&W and the lighter feel of the P-01 for 9mm.  Can't go wrong with either.

Note that the CZ 40P happens to be a tad more accurate than both. Go figure.  :)