Author Topic: P07 Duty 40 S&W  (Read 12833 times)

weemsf57

P07 Duty 40 S&W
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »
Guess I'll start things off in this sub-forum.  I love my P07.  Like every CZ it fits the hand well, and though I am not nuts about the 40 S&W cartridge, it is the choice of most LE departments.  Mine is accurate and easy to shoot.  Good trigger, will get better with use, but it is good now.  Hope some day to pick up a P07 in 9MM.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: P07 Duty 40 S&W
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
I don't have a P07 but I hear they are wicked shiny. Not sure my hands would be real happy if I started shooting a .40 Cal though.  :) Pretty much most of what I have is 9mm, I guess I'm going to have to see about filling out my CZ collection after all. And I was so hoping not to spend anything for weapons this year.  ::)

Oh and thanks for joining and posting. I figured this forum would look like a mixer for a couple of months, folks show up or stop by but no one goes to the dance floor untill someone finally breaks down and does it besides the host.  :)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:59:11 AM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

weemsf57

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
I prefer 9MM, but 40 is what the department issues.  So, I bought the P07 in 40 S&W hoping I could talk them into letting me carry it.  WE will see.  Right now my duty weapon is a G23.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »
NOT THE "G" WORD ! ! !
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

weemsf57

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »
NOT THE "G" WORD ! ! !
I know, but I did not have any say in the decision.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 07:23:49 AM »
If there weren't other things out there to compare CZ's too. Then how would anyone know that CZ’s are the Best. And not to be taken lightly or casually.  ;) 8)

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

cx

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
I have a G23 myself and I find it difficult for my point of aim and always struggle with it and now pondering on selling it.

My P07 I could categorize is at par with my HK P30 in the grip and pointability, reliability well I carried my P07 most of the time and only changed out when my P30 came so they are pretty even in that arena as well.

weemsf57

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:29 PM »
I had a Gen2 G23 and it shot very low.  I am thinking seriously about getting a rail mounted laser for my P07 to use as a my house gun.

cx

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 12:35:35 PM »
I shoot low on my G23 as well and when I compensate I tend to get it after a couple of rounds, but it is not always the case with me even with constant practice.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
well seems to me if you are shooting low then move the target down to where the rounds are going and then just shoot at the point you were aiming at before you moved the target. Course that might meen you are aiming over the top of the target but hey the rounds will end up more of less where you want them.  ??? :D

weemsf57

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
My issued G23 shoots POA.  Remember the Glock have combat sights, meaning your sight should be on the spot you what to hit, not like a 1911 where a 6 o'clock hold is good. 

My P07 is very accurate and hits POA.  I love it.

cx

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
The stock sights does not do POA for me, I had to compensate a bit higher on the target, changed to a Tru Glo FO and the POA changed from a mid - 6 o'clock to a lower 6 o'clock and getting fed up with it. My CZ P07 feels more natural to me my POA is my POI as well dead center, well I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it shot my Glocks extensively by the way the CZ profile and HK for me simply points naturally no adjustment whatsoever no compensation.

weemsf57

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
The problem with the Glocks is either they fit and suit you or you are out of luck.  There is really little that can be done to fit the gun to your hand.  CZ's are very balanced and ergonomically designed.

cx

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:27 PM »
To be totally honest here, my CZ P07 fits my hand well due to the profile is a bit thinner coming from a Glock the CZ is a lot thinner.

But you know if CZ made a replaceable back strap with a small this P07 would have been MORE PERFECT, it's just me by the way (small hands)

youngguns357

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 12:54:15 AM »
Any issues with frame bulge? Ive read this was an issue with some, just thinking that the .40S&W has alot more pressure than most 9mm's and would show up more in pistols chambered in .40S&W. Ive handled them and they do fit good in my hand, I like the size, and its a CZ but will wait alittle longer for more reviews to come in.