Author Topic: After 200 rounds  (Read 3940 times)

Sunkist

After 200 rounds
« on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
I'm starting to wonder why I spent soooo much money on Sigs! I absolutely love this 40 cal 75B SA. The trigger is smoothing out nicely and I adjusted for rear travel. I got a pair of the factory rubber grips and I'm happy with those too. Their contour forces me to align my hand where it should be and when I use the the trigger guard front serrations with my left hand I eliminate the bad habit of drifting slightly left as I squeeze a trigger.

I cast my own bullets and reload using a couple different loads for 180 gr. bullets, mostly. They're both recommended loads from manuals I use, in the 850-950fps. range. I won't list loads but I'll just say start at the low end of the listed range and take a hard look at WSF powder. Power Pistol delivers the same accuracy but it costs more to use. I save that for full power jacketed loads primarily.

Because of the deep snow on the local range I've only shot at 15 yds. so far but I got 31 shots in a jagged 2" hole in the 10 Ring after firing 19 rounds in and around it as I figured out the gun.

The only thing I'm going to do for now is to add a fiber optic 5.5mm front sight for my tired 60 yr old eyes.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: After 200 rounds
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
I really love the B-SA
Mine is in 9mm, but I feel the same way
AND, as a platform to mount the Kadet Conversion Kit...You can't beat it
Shoot safe, Den S
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !