Author Topic: 455 American .22 WMR  (Read 2761 times)

mes228

455 American .22 WMR
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:30:46 AM »
I purchased a 455 American in .22 magnum recently. I finally got to the range with it, and am very pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. The .22 mag rounds were not too famous for their accuracy in the past. That has apparently passed. Both the CCI and the Hornady Ballistic tip proved quite accurate. At 50 yds. the CCI would hold 5 rounds into a dime size hole. The Hornady would hold 5 rounds into a hole half that size. Point of impact was very close for both brands. In real world shooting I would think them interchangeable for most any game. I only shot at 50 yards. Next time I'll try 100 yds. The trigger on the CZ was not great - but is something you can overcome after shooting a while. I really wish the single set trigger was included on the 455 series. I've owned several CZ's and they were all shooters. The 453 .22 I own is the most accurate .22 I've seen or fired (I have 4 target .22's and the 453 out shoots them all). CZ really does know how to make accurate rifles.

jollyscotsman

Re: 455 American .22 WMR
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »
I agree on the barrels accuracy,and your trigger can be made to  break like glass easily and cheaply,

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: 455 American .22 WMR
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:19:18 AM »
The good thing about the 455 is that you can adjust the trigger by disassembling the rifle and loosening the nut at the base of the trigger. If you (or a gunsmith) take it apart and polish the contact points, you can easily attain the perfect break you're looking for. Adjusted all the way out, the trigger on a factory new 455 feels pretty darn good.