Author Topic: Tanfoglio Mossad 9mm  (Read 8714 times)

Offline subhuman

Tanfoglio Mossad 9mm
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:22:34 AM »
I ran across this one in E.P.S. II a couple of months ago and just had to have the thing because it has Mossad between 2 Stars of David on the slide, I didn't have a clue what it was, it's history or anything just thought it was cool and it snugged into my hand like it belonged there.
Turns out many years ago Tanfoglio built a bunch of these for IWI for the Israeli Sport Shooting Foundation, built in full size and compact, some had " Cohai" on the slides also, the pistols had nothing to do with the Mossad or Israeli military , it was just marketing.

I have put about 200 rounds of diffrent brands of ammo through it without a hiccup or bobble so far, the only gripe I have with the pistol is the front sight is part of the slide and I cant put a set of night sights on it but other than that it is a pretty neat little gun and a pretty good clone of the CZ 75 line.

Each corner target was shot DAO from 10 yards the center in SA, this was the first time out with the pistol

carrying it, use a modified Avenger style holster OWB or a franken holster that was made for a Sig P6 that had problems that I cut apart and rebuilt.

Any of you guys have one of these in your collection, I would like to see them, think they are pretty cool, :cool:

Offline Hemiram

Re: Tanfoglio Mossad 9mm
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 05:25:22 AM »
I didn't see this until now!

I have 2 "mossad" Tanfoglios, one like yours, but in "wonder finish" AKA Matte nickel, the other a Full sized with the same finish:

I have another Tanfoglio gun from Israel. It's a "Combat Cohai" two tone.

The fullsized Mossad is my favorite of all my guns!