Author Topic: Dan Wesson Custom  (Read 4759 times)

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Dan Wesson Custom
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »
Being a huge fan of the 10mm and Commander size 1911's I found myself between a rock and a hard place in 2008. At the time it seemed that my only real option was to get Les Baer to make me one,  but he refused to do so. Pre paid didn't mean anything to him, so I went on about my way.
 I then checked with Keith Lawton at Dan Wesson. After explaining that I just couldn't handle the bobtail grip properly due to large hands, I asked if they could make me a stainless 10mm Commander with a non bobtail frame, Kieth said "Yes we can, but it might take a little extra time". To say that I was excited would be a gross understatement. After nailing down the particulars and pricing, I sent off a Postal Money order and began my drool fest.
 To make a long very happy story short, I had Dan Wesson build me a Non bobtailed stainless steel 10mm Commander with low mount BoMar adjustable sights, yellow rear and green front Trijicon Tritium inserts. It took 9 months to be delivered and it was well worth the wait. I was so excited by the super tight fit and finish of it that I sent Keith a pic of the guns it had replaced as my carry options. When I asked Keith to tell everyone that worked on my custom gun thank you, he told me that only one person had worked on it, from start to finish! I am ashamed to say that I was so excited that I forgot to ask the name of the craftsman that made my gun.
 It flat out beat the fit and finish of the three Les Baers I had at the time, two of which went right on the chopping block.

Here's a pic of the guns that went by the wayside. A Les Baer Concept VIII Commanche, a Gold Cup Commander, a Para Ordnance P14 with a P13 top end, an S&W 1066 and a Witness Carry Comp with a full profile compensator. Let's not forget the Custom Dan Wesson, on top of the heap, where it belongs!

Wearing smooth genuine Ivory grips, with oversize double diamonds  that I had Paul Persinger make for me, here's a pic of the guest of honor.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

Re: Dan Wesson Custom
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 02:52:54 PM »
What a beauty!

Know that the Razorback and now new TITAN 10mms for 2012 will be further eye candy for those of us who
love DWs and the 10mm cartridge.

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.