Author Topic: WTB: CZ 550 Carbine (.30-06)  (Read 14740 times)

idsman75

WTB: CZ 550 Carbine (.30-06)
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:39 AM »
I'm in the Army stationed in Korea until September of next year.  I've been looking for this CZ 550 Carbine in .30-06 with the iron sights.  I can't find anyone that has them in stock and have been talking for the last few years with my friends about how I wish CZ would make this exact rifle.

I'm hoping to locate one through internet Buy/Sell/Trade forums between now and next year's deer season.  This looked like the best place to start.

I can send money now and a friend of mine would be happy to receive it through an FFL and hold it until I get back at which time he'll ship it to another FFL who will transfer it to me on the yellow form. 

If you have one of these you'd like to sell, please email me at idsman75@gmail.com

I'm not sure what they're worth so I won't insult anyone with lowball offers.  Just let me know your price and I won't try to haggle.  It's worth that much to me.  Nobody makes rifles like CZ for the price IMHO.  Nobody provides such a high degree of quality and accuracy for the money.

Thank you for looking.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:27:44 AM by GhostWarrior »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: WTB: CZ 550 Carbine (.30-06)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
         Any chance you could post a picture of the rifle? And no offense but I presume you have seen one at some point since you have described it, but I'm not a long gun guy, so I'm at a disadvantage trying to help you. If you can post the pic and hopefully the model name/number other than 550, I'll add it to things I am looking for myself. I have about 4 wish lists posted on the various weapons sales/auction sites. I'll add yours to mine.

Least I can do for someone serving their country. For which myself and others truly thank you. BTW I do hope they did some improvements to the base there, in the 70's it was second only to Ft Polk, La in places you did not want to be stationed. combact bases in war zones not with standing. Tough call on that one tho, Freeze or sand, not sure which way I'd go myself. Now if you want to know about nasty monsoon, critter invested jungles, that I can help you with.
Best wishes, keep warm and we'll look for your rifle.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

idsman75

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
I appreciate the advice.
I"m not sure if this will work since the website hosts a picture that is PNG format but I"ll give it a shot and post the manufacturer's link to the product picture and description.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/550CarbineKevlar/
Korea is great.  I'm a single E-7 so I get to live off-post in Seoul.  My apartment is fairly large and it's a pretty nice place to live (5 minute walk to work).  Korea has advanced greatly in infrastructure and technology over the last 10 - 20 years.  I love it.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:22:50 PM »
        Ok I got the pic and the info, I'm going to add them or at least the name to the wish lists I have posted on the weapons aution sights. Glad to hear things have come so far but as you said 30 or 40 years is a long time for a city to grown and change. Stay safe, I hope we can find your weapon for you.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

idsman75

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Just checking in.  Thanks to this forum, someone contacted me and sold me a perfect example of this rifle.

Thank you!  You all are great!!!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Congrats!! Glad you were able to get what you were looking for!!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

idsman75

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:10:50 PM »
I'm incredibly grateful to the member who held onto that rifle for an entire year so I could have it for the deer season here in Georgia upon my return from Korea.

The gunsmith who received my rifle and transferred it to me practically drooled on it.  He called over his employee, held out the rifle, and said, "Now that's the way rifles should be made."

Big kudos to the CZ Forum and its members.  Some aweful things happened in my family life while I was gone.  It may seem materialistic but being able to get my hands on something I had been wishing CZ would manufacture really was a silver lining.  One of the things I missed so much during my year in Korea was hunting with my friends in the hunting club back in Georgia.  Dad only had time to work and never had much time for hunting and only hunted upland birds when he was alive.  He always used to ask me to tell him stories about the most recent trip to the hunting grounds in Georgia.  This was my first deer season back in the USA since dad died at a fairly young age.  Carrying such a beautiful rifle into the woods made me think about what kind of story I could tell dad when the day was over if he was still alive.

My eyes are full of tears while I type this.  Thank you for the opportunity to make more memories with such a fine rifle this year.  The next big buck is for dad.

P.S.  I'd volunteer to back to Korea in a heartbeat!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:23:19 PM by idsman75 »

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
I'm incredibly grateful to the member who held onto that rifle for an entire year so I could have it for the deer season here in Georgia upon my return from Korea.

The gunsmith who received my rifle and transferred it to me practically drooled on it.  He called over his employee, held out the rifle, and said, "Now that's the way rifles should be made."

Big kudos to the CZ Forum and its members.  Some aweful things happened in my family life while I was gone.  It may seem materialistic but being able to get my hands on something I had been wishing CZ would manufacture really was a silver lining.  One of the things I missed so much during my year in Korea was hunting with my friends in the hunting club back in Georgia.  Dad only had time to work and never had much time for hunting and only hunted upland birds when he was alive.  He always used to ask me to tell him stories about the most recent trip to the hunting grounds in Georgia.  This was my first deer season back in the USA since dad died at a fairly young age.  Carrying such a beautiful rifle into the woods made me think about what kind of story I could tell dad when the day was over if he was still alive.

My eyes are full of tears while I type this.  Thank you for the opportunity to make more memories with such a fine rifle this year.  The next big buck is for dad.

P.S.  I'd volunteer to back to Korea in a heartbeat!

You have our deepest condolences.........

Its stories like this that make me extremely proud to be a part of this amazing forum. The members here are unlike any others I have inertacted with on any other forum. I'm so glad we were able to bring a small glimmer into an otherwise tough time......

I'm sure you will have many happy years of service from your CZ rifle....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 03:30:18 PM »
       I took over this forum which is the Orginal CZForum, a few years ago just so I could help folks find what they needed to know or get and then stay and make friends. When I took it I had no idea what I was getting into, the only thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to make a place where folks could go for help, not be made fun of or insulted for asking a question, and especially one that did not have a single ad, banner, pop-up or anything else to confuse the reader. I have done my best to do that. It's been a lot of work, all on my own nickel, and sometimes, maybe even half the time, I think I haven't done enough or I have let the folks I wanted to, and still want to help, down in some way. I keep coming up with ideas to make this a better forum and I knew I have bigger ideas than budget and skill set will allow me to do, which frustrates the living heck out of me.

Then we get a post like yours, and everything seems to fall back into place, It's still uphill all the way but I get a renewed purpose out of it.

So far this has read like it's all about me, but maybe it is, but I'm also not known for saying things in 10 words or less. A number of things I want to say:

First off: I am truly happy you finally got your rifle, and proud that one or our members made it possible.

Second: I/we want to thank you for your Service and your Sacrifice, especially since your father died in the interim.

Third: I know I am, and I think a number of our members would like to extend our condolences to you and your family. Losing a family member is a very hard thing to deal with, and even more so when that person passed Earlier than anyone would expect.

Fourth: I personally think that your dad might well have been there with you watching your hunt, and been proud of you for both your service and your making good use of your weapon. I also think he may well have enjoyed hearing you tell me about the hunt even if it was telling him in your mind.

So that's what I wanted to say, It took a bit but I finally got to the point, Thank you for your service, and thank you for telling us about the rifle and what it meant/means to you. I hope you use it a very long time and it gets passed down through the generations.

One last thing. If your father Served then post his name, rank MOS and where and when he served. Include yourself in that and any family members that also served. I have that Board up as my way of having "The Wall" so that no member’s family or friends will be forgotten as long as this Forum lives. No one has to post there, but that's what it's for. My thanks to those that have stood in harm’s way so that the rest of us can enjoy the Freedoms so very many living and dead have worked to Preserve and Protect. and thank you for being a member here we hope it's for a very long time.