Author Topic: My "New" RAMI P  (Read 56415 times)

b5.5dan

My "New" RAMI P
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:53:37 AM »
Well, I was able to trade the Glock for a RAMI P. I was quite pleased with the way everything worked. It's a wonderful piece that feel like it will be much more fun to shoot than the Glock. I hope to take it to the range tomorrow.

Anyway, would I be correct in assuming that the P version can't have grips put on? I've seen great pics of the standard RAMI with fantastic grips, but there aren't any screws on the P.  :laugh:

I will post a pic or two when I get home. I thought I had them, but I must have left them in my other camera...

Thanks, Gents!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: My "New" RAMI P
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
ok thats new. You left your pics in your other Camera? Ya sure, no worries, we totally believe you. *snickers
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

lorenzo51

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
I have the RAMI P also and you are correct, you can not change out the grips on the P like you can on the alloy/steel RAMI. You do trade off a few oz on the P model and it is still a great subcompact.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »
The handle feels fine, although new grips would be nice. I got a Hogue "Jr" sleeve that looks nice and feels great.

My concerns now are the multiple FTFs I experienced yesterday. It was very un-CZ like, so there must be another factor. I''m hoping to shoot again tomorrow...

lorenzo51

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
Have not experienced any FTF's at this point. I am using Magtech 115 full metal case. I order it at Bud's Gun Shop online and so far I have not found a better price for it than the $11.01 per 50 that they charge.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »
     Did you change ammo for any reason? if not then check the firing pin and all your springs including the hammer spring, I had a RAMI and put some different rounds through it and it worked just fine. But if there is anyone that can give you a dang good guess and or solution it will be CZ-RAMI-2075. He lives for RAMI's and Rugers, if he dosen't see this inside a day or so them send him a PM so he will see it first thing he signs on. I think it has something to do with the firing pin. or the spring.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:35:09 PM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »
I don't know much about firearms as yet, but it does seem spring-related. I'm not sure what the pin would do, but it's almost like (and I know this will sound stupid) that everything's too new. All the edges are sharp, the recoil spring is exceptionally firm, I can't even use the slide release when there is an empty mag in it. Also, I didn't have any problems until I was about 120 rounds into the session. Someone suggested that the gun just needed to be oiled. I suppose this is possible. I thought it sounded silly at first, but when I got it home to clean it everything was quite dry. And the guy at the range who suggested it is a CZ aficionado. Of course I recommended that he join us here.  :cheesy:

EDIT: I don't know if this is any indicator, but the bottom of the snapcaps  (the base of the casing where the extractor does it's thing) are all hammered and chewed up. Also, it won't cycle them reliably. This makes me sad, because my other 2 are golden and this is the one I had planned on being my EDC. I guess I still have some time before the license comes in, but still...

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:55:46 PM by b5.5dan »

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
I guess a lot of what I'm saying here doesn't make sense. I was manually cycling the snap caps through in order to see if I could tell what was preventing the cartridge from feeding. As many of you could have guessed, that didn't help. I will wait a couple of days before I send a PM to the gentleman on the board. Hopefully a thorough cleaning and a little more time will do the trick.

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 04:42:20 AM »
HI guys,

I'm not sure what problem you have there.

Failure to feeda live round, or will it feed and chamber, but not fire?

I'm new to the RAMI P as well but have almost 9 years of EDC with this  beauty.

Feel free to drop me a line.
clarkstoncz@gmail.com

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »
Hey!
I'm sorry I've done such a poor job of explaining the problem. It will ALWAYS fire a round that has fed, but it fails to feed with regularity. Now I know why the guy I bought it from sold it. Thing is, I won't give up on it because I know it is something simple.

There is a notch on the extractor where it doesn't seem it should be. All I will say for now is that I gave it as good a cleaning as I could without having a decent set of punches to take it apart and a very good oiling. I'm taking her out today and we'll see what happens from there. I "think" I know someone locally who might be able to help me.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:46 AM »
      OH! Now I understand! :cool: Ya sure, I do. no really OK well that is a horse of a whole nother color. Any chance it's only with hollow points or wadcutters? I had a CZ 75A actually that wouldn't feed hollow points or another for of truncated cone or wad cutter more than once or twice then the edge of the tip of the hollow point of the edge of the case itself allways caught the leading edge of the ramp and that was it. I had to clear and try again. So I sinply only use round nose ammo and not worry about it.

However I have since learned that it may well have been the springs, in the Mag, or the slide itself, and possibly the ramp could use a polish and the whole pistol better oiled. I still only use FMJ round nose ammo but lots of folks have tried anyone of those fixes I mentioned and it's done wonders to end the Fail to Feed issue.

If it's having the same fail to feed with anything you put in it, then possibly it either needs oil in someplace you missed? or the springs somewhere have issues.

Now wasn't that helpfull? Am I good or what?  Are the Fail to Feeds consistant after the first 120 rounds? Say like 4 feed then the fifth one sticks? Or are the fail to feeds inconsistent as in they could happen back to back or once every 3 or 5 or 8 shot etc?

b5.5dan

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
I think all of the .40 bullets I have seen have been flat-nosed. And the failures were very odd. I went 100 rounds with no problems, and then all of a sudden, wham. I'm not sure if they occur every x number of rounds. I think it just happens randomly. But as I say, I'm going to put her to work here in about 3 hours.

Also, I got some great Osama Bin Laden Zombie Targets  :laugh:

b5.5dan

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
Update, as if anyone wanted one.  :cheesy:

Took her to the range with 4 different brands of carts; all different loads, JHP, FMJ, et al.
Probably had a 60% FTF rate. However, the gunsmith knows my mom's husband, and so he looked at her for me. He says the feed ramp needs to be polished, and that WILL (he said, not should but will) take care of the issue. Also, he'll do it for free. I know it's something I should be able to do by myself, but I might as well let him do it and watch.

So, I saved about $50 on the purchase, and will end up having to pay naught but some time to get it in working order. I'm a bit, well, "miffed" that the guy lied about the pistol in the ad, but I suppose no one would have purchased it otherwise. I just hope it really does solve the issue.

What I don't understand is my luck. I still believe that these are among the finest firearms available, yet I manage to pull the one that won't feed...  :angry:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »
     Not your luck that's the problem. You bought it used, the previous owner may have taken it apart and the fumble fingered the barrel and dropped it on something disagreable. You got a great pistol I believe for a good price, and you are getting it fixed for free. How much good luck do you want pazone?
Oh ya and I got to be right! You did need to have the ramp done.  :tongue:

b5.5dan

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
You got a great pistol I believe for a good price, and you are getting it fixed for free. How much good luck do you want pazone?
True. I would like to look at it like this, I just want to shoot!  :cry: Soon enough... I can't take it in until next week, so I will just have to deal until then. It's only a week.

Oh ya and I got to be right! You did need to have the ramp done.  :tongue:
You were right, sir! Now that I look at it, I should have been able to see that the ramp needs to be changed. If I had a bit more experience I imagine I could have made the call. I will know for next time.