Author Topic: CC tomorrow  (Read 68958 times)

b5.5dan

Re: CC tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »
It is a process... A large holster area would be nice, but the little Tagua IWB I use works well for my 75B and 1911 (The CZ is better, BTW) WITH a couple of caveats...
http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/inside-the-waist-holsters-p27
First of all, the construction of the leather is great. They use good materials for it, it is small and comfy, and after 4 months of EVERYDAY use, it has held its shape well. And that was in 100-degree Utah heat with me sweating the whole time. The caveat? The little clip sucks a bit, so just know that it needs to be replaced every now and then. The thing I like about it is that it quickly converts to an OWB if teh clothing I'm wearing will cover the firearm or if I'm at home or just feel like open carrying.

bigborephil

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
The CTAC does need leather, that is what the MTAC is.  I like it better than the crossbreed beacuse it has a leather backing that protects you from the metal parts and strengthens it up some.  I also like that you can change guns in it for $35 instead of having to buy a whole new holster if you change what you carry.  And, comp-tac.com is good people.

Phil

b5.5dan

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »
So, BigBorePhil, what do you have to do in order to get a CTAC/MTAC for a CZ 75B or an SP-01? I really like it, but I didn't see our pistols listed...

Never mind. I'm just an idiot...  :grin:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:24:04 PM by b5.5dan »

Logan

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »
If you're looking into a SuperTuck anyway, consider giving the Harwell Holster a chance. It's cheaper and I've owned both and think the Harwell is more comfortable. Extremely fast turn-around too. I got mine the next day (but I'm local).

b5.5dan

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
Sorry... I've been looking at so many holsters the last few days... Do they make holsters for the 75B and the SP-01?
EDIT: They do the 75 but not the SP-01. I sent them an email to see if they can do the SP-01, so I will post as soon as I hear back from them

Logan

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
If you're asking about the Harwell Holsters...
The CZ75B fits nicely in the "Compact" holster. If you call I'm sure he'd be happy to say for sure.
He may do a SP-01 holster but I don't know. I know he'll make custom ones to any gun if he has access to it.

b5.5dan

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 07:53:04 PM »
haha! Yeah. I was asking about the Harwell. So they have an offering for the 75, so no problem there. I'm scrambling around like an idiot because I'm really hoping to order a holster next week. I will see what they say when they get back to me...

Logan

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:56 PM »
I wish you luck in your hunt!

b5.5dan

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »
Thank you! I will post my findings

Logan

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
I just remembered something I wanted to add. I went with the "comfort cut" myself instead of the "combat cut". I can draw well with it and it certainly is comfortable. I can't speak for the combat cut.

Also, I see they are offering free shipping in December :)

b5.5dan

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 08:27:33 PM »
Nice! Well, you don't always think about the comfort when you start CC-ing. And hopefully the instructors told you that "You don't carry for it to be comfortable; you carry because it's comforting" (or something like it  :tongue: ). HOWEVER, after 10 hours with a full sized steel framed combat pistol, you need all of the "comforting" you can get! haha

Logan

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
Ha, yes. Certainly nothing wrong with it feeling good too.

I don't wear clothes to feel comfortable, primarily, but I certainly choose the ones that are :)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
             I added both those Holster makers you folks have been talking about to the Holster Mfg sticky.
             I really never once had a problem carrying my CZ 75 concealed not once in 30 plus years? or is that 40 plus? Either way, I think the biggest thing you have is that you are simply not accustomed to the idea of carrying concealed add to the fact that you are (I think) new to weapons and carrying them on any basis other than at the range. Maybe it's easier for some of us since we are ex-LEO's or still on the job, or Military or what ever and so when we go concealed it's not a big deal for us, We have had years to get used to not only carrying a weapon but also being out in public with it, either openly carried or concealed. Trust me I know exactly where you are coming from when you talk about your weapon/holster and using the toilet. Frankly it isn't much easier with a shoulder holster, just different set of issues and room to move in. The best advice I ever got was when you go to use the toilet, before you drop trou, take your pistol out, drop trou, sit down and put the pistol in the crotch of your pants, That way you can never forget to put it back into the holster like you might if you set it on the toilet paper dispenser, or the back of the toilet if there is a back. Depending on what you are wearing in regards to pants and socks and shoes you can also simply instead of putting the pistol it the crotch of your pants once you are sitting put it in your sock or down your shoe or boot. Then when you get up you simply pull up your pants, fasten them, and then reach down and safely put your pistol back in it's nest. Either way you try it you will never forget your weapon no matter what happens or how much of a hurry you are in.

Getting used to CCW is not something you can do over night or even in a week, Hell, I CCW every second I leave the house, and I have all the credentials I need, but every now and then I feel like when a LEO looks at me he knows I'm armed, or guilty of something. I'm not but it's a hard feeling to shake. I think about the only place you really feel comfortable carrying is when you are with a group of friends that either also carry or know you carry and don't care. Maybe that's just me.

No offence Seriously I mean this NO offence intended but you are over thinking this, it's very natural to do that, and it's harder to relax about it, but just stop thinking about everything that could go wrong and how weird it feels, then at some point you will get to a point when you actually stop and think. "Hey I haven't thought about my weapon in a while" and then you will know from then on you will be ok and not be paranoid anymore about having a weapon on you. Well unless you walk into a Bar or a federal building and the Post Office counts as a Federal bldg. I'm pretty sure no state allows you to be in a bar drinking anything stronger than water with a lemon twist, (oh ya and I won't give you odds on how many of us "CCW Veterans" have forgotten that rule.  :tongue: ) As for the federal bldg, you may either simply turn around go back to your car or if they have them put your weapon into a locker that you get to keep the key, then go through the rest of the entry procedure.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »
Third day.

Today was good. Holster felt good. Maybe yesterday I missed a belt loop.

Anyway, it felt right today in the car and sitting at the computer for hours. Comfortable walking around the Apple Computer store and talking with the sales people. Didn't even think about it at the tropical fish store when speaking with the owner to arrange delivery of baby angelfish tomorrow.

I removed the holster at the allergist. They have a no gun sign on the door and it wasn't that much of an effort to take it off and then put it back on after leaving the office. Just one more thing to experience.

I couldn't fit the 75B in the glove compartment. No room with all the manuals I have stuffed in there. In retrospect I'm not sure why I placed the pistol under the front seat rather than remove the manuals and lock the pistol in the glove compartment. I guess that wasn't the best idea. I'll remember next time.

I appreciate all the excellent comments and insights. I'll be looking closer at IWB holsters.

GhostWarrior, thanks for the advice about the john. And I agree that it's important not to over think this stuff. But, I'm originally from NJ, lived almost all my life in that area, and never appreciated our second amendment or my option to exercise it until about 3 years ago.

Now, after 2 years with CCW I've come full circle.

Here's my rig. http://www.thecamreport.com/images//IMG_0159.jpg
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:19:01 PM by jdr3366 »

Logan

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »
Nice grips :)

My first thought was that it looks like your belt is sagging. You wouldn't believe how much difference a really stiff belt makes (I mean so stiff, it stands up by itself sort of stiff).

Also, nice holster! Certainly concealable. An IWB (if you choose to look into those) could only be even more so. I'm glad the third day went much better.