Author Topic: Two-Hand Grip problem  (Read 7388 times)

Offline Lmo

Two-Hand Grip problem
« on: February 25, 2018, 06:15:30 PM »
I just took delivery of my new 75 Compact.  I've completed my NRA Basic Pistol course, but I didn't have the 75 in time to take it.  Due to time constraints I haven't been able to get out to the range yet to heat this thing up.

The last two evenings I've spent working on grip, and trigger press, (dry-firing w/ snap caps).  I'm right-handed, have big hands, and can't find a comfortable compromise for the two-hand grip.

With the four fingers of my support-hand wrapped around my firing-hand fingers, when the support hand thumb falls in place (with the firing-hand thumb over lapping the base knuckle of the thumb) my support-hand thumb interferes with the tip of my trigger finger.  Moving the finger off the trigger (to the right) clears the thumb but I've already noticed a tendency to pull the barrel to the right with it ... probably not a good neuro-pathway to start building.

Wrapping my support hand thumb under the trigger guard is more comfortable (basically cupping the firing hand).  And bracing the support-hand thumb against the left side of the frame also seems to provide more clearance.   Neither of these techniques follow accepted guidelines.

Any suggestions for "modified" two-hand grip technique.

Thanks.

Lew

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: Two-Hand Grip problem
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »
Grip with your strong hand as you have been doing.  Start the contact with your support hand by joining the 'drumstick' part of your thumbs together.  You can slide your support hand forward or aft to find the best grip but keep the contact of the drumsticks.