Author Topic: WTB: CZ 75 Hogue wrap around grips  (Read 9306 times)

wolverine_173

WTB: CZ 75 Hogue wrap around grips
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:52 PM »
im looking for Hogue wrap around grips for a CZ 75b

Offline jberke

Re: WTB: CZ 75 Hogue wrap around grips
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
I hate to use Amazon - seems like the Walmart of the internet.  But they have them for a decent price. Less than $20 to you.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S5SCPM/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

I have some, but by the time I cover shipping to you, the price will be close to the same. 
(unless you can find someone that just wants to cover shipping)

Radom

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »
The Hogue offerings are a bad deal for CZ75/85/97 pistols. 

If you want a cushioned grip, the CZ-USA offerings are fine. 

You do NOT WANT a finger-grooved grip, because it forces you to hold this design lower than its performance.  The basic CZ design should be held as high as possible relative to the bore, in terms of managing recoil, pointing/target acquisition, and execution.   

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:16:44 PM »
I respectfully disagree....I have been using the Hogue finger groove grip on my CZ 75B SA for over 4 years. It started as a home defense gun, but now I use it in competition as well. I love the grip as it gives me great purchase, rain, sweat, bug spray, etc..never slips. It would be physically impossible for me to get a higher grip on the gun than I do now with the current grips. It also gives me a consistent grip every time, provided I don't screw it up..LOL...In my experience, it has been awesome and only $20.....I know of people who don't like them, to each his own... for example, I tried the CZC Thin Aluminum grips with the skate tape, very cool looking, but I hated them. I know quite a few who swear by them.....I figure for $20, what have ya go to lose??? JMHO....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline raytracer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »
There's no middle ground on Hogue finger groove grips - you either love 'em or hate 'em.

I hate 'em on autos, but absolutely love them on my wheelguns. Except for my "N" frame - tried all the variants they had on that and never did feel quite right.

What a boring world it would be if we all liked exactly the same things.