Author Topic: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures  (Read 89796 times)

Offline sirgilligan

Re: Range Reports with Proof, er, Pictures
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2012, 07:24:28 AM »
It could be worse. You could shoot like Dan!

Sounds like a team CZForum t-shirt to me!  :tongue:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 01:21:08 PM »
Sir Gillian!

Welcome Back! I forgot about the surgery on your hand. Real good shooting while still on the limited duty part of the healing, very well done. Actually that's pretty good shooting for me feeling great.  :laugh: And remind me never to get on your bad, side injured or not. :tongue:

I wish I had a teat CZ shirt but the box I got only had 3 or 4? and they are went as Christmas Presents. I Could go see the ladies that made my hats and patches (I have to anyway out of those also) and see how much they charge for Screening, What size do you wear, Presuming I have money enough? I really liked those shirts actually, and as far as I am concerned, we can simply be a Team, only with members representing us in different places and maybe by yourselves? Any takers on putting together a Team even a spread out one?

Anyway it's Very good to have you back here, missed you. Don't forget to take the x-rays with you to work or where and whip them out to  show the screws, plate, and anything else they did. The guys will look  at it and be Seriously impressed, and the women folk will turn and run or start making sure you have everything you need including coffee. :cool:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »
I'm in on a shirt, I can send you cash, just let me know what one costs with shipping...

Thanks for the comments!

XLT... I am almost 6'4" and 210 lbs, well 212 with the hardware in my hand!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:37:21 PM by sirgilligan »

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »
Shooting team, count me in!!! At the academy I shot 249 out of 250. Hung a flier in the 7 ring at 25 yards. See if you can get CZ to send me a new scorpion (civilian version ) and I'll start using that at 3 gun competitions. ;D

b5.5dan

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »
I would also go in on a shirt/hat/patch... As big a shirt as they have... 3 or 4X?
Here are some pictures. I probably should have kept these to myself, but it's been a while since I posted here or had a chance to go to the range... 7 weeks without shooting is too long!

With the Oracle @ 80 yards. And this was the first 21 shots with the Witness Classic .45 at 20 yards...

Not entirely sure how I feel about these targets... Well, yeah, I am. Don't care for them much. But I was given several and went through them.
Anyway, let's round up some cash and get orderin'!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »
Good shooting. Never enough time or money for shooting.

b5.5dan

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »
Thanks! And I got an iPod touch (with a completely destroyed screen). As soon as I get that sorted out I can't wait to check out GunLog!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
The busted screen is a rare option.

b5.5dan

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2012, 10:17:16 PM »
Haha! Yeah! Well, it is a 4th Gen Ipod Touch 8gb. They go for about $180; I got mine for $30. $100 to fix the glass... It all works perfectly, so I sometimes wonder about just leaving it. I could buy the glass for $40 and try to do it myself, but...

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »
If it works..............................
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »
Hmm... Well good luck with it! Computer gadgets, like cars, depreciate faster than I can eat fried chicken!

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2012, 04:49:41 AM »
GW count me in for a team shirt too.  The way the weather is now I can't wear the black one from CZ-USA.  Let me know the cost, I may want two.

Offline sirgilligan

CZ 85B Range Day
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »
It has been nearly two months since I shot anything. So, I went to a pistol that was sure to please, the CZ 85B. I just wasn't in the mode for any weapon issues today.

She ran flawless. I was testing out 3 new Mec-Gar mags and they all locked back and worked perfect as well. I only shot 61 rounds which works out to be 3 16 round mags and 13 rounds I found of left over Magtech. The mags had UMC FMJ 115 grain in them. I had left them loaded over the past several weeks hoping the spring would give a bit. Haven't reloaded them yet to see if that is the case.

Everything (like always) is free standing, two handed grip (revolver style), modified weaver stance.

So, here are the results.

25 yards, 8 rounds, 14" group

25 yards, 8 rounds 10.75" group

7 yards, 5 rounds, 1.5" group

10 yards, 8 rounds 3.5" group

15 yards, 8 rounds 6.5' group

15 yards, 8 rounds, 3.75" group

10 yards, 8 rounds, 3.3" group

7 yards, 8 rounds, 2.5" group

I have shot worse for sure, but felt rusty.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:03 PM »
           Well you were away from it for a couple months, but I won't sneer at those targets. As near as I can tell they die you live, nothing strictly outside the kill area. Unless you want to count the flier, and even that would make the bad guy duck, and you get in an extra shot.

Besides I'll post the pics of my daughter, and chfields out at the range. She ain't bad considering she has shot in about a year. I don't think anyone got a shot of me and the targets aren't forth posting, I'm doing the best I can to learn how to shoot a whole different way, with both eyes open, and I'm not doing any to good at it. damnit!
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
Looks like pretty good shooting to me...not too bad for being away for that long.....I haven't been doing so hot the last couple times out...although my rifle is pretty good....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad