Author Topic: Re: CZ Phantom  (Read 3887 times)

akronseabee

Re: CZ Phantom
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »
Would you consider paying additional $$$ to have what's obviously a factory defect corrected, acceptable.

Had the Phantom exhibited this problem only to the degree my other CZs do, I could have lived with it, but was significantly worse.

I don't expect a "target quality" trigger/action in a mass produced handgun, but this was just unacceptable.

:angry:

b5.5dan

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
So... Exactly what was the problem? I read and re-read your post, but I don't see anything. Is it just the trigger? I've never heard anything but good about the Phantom...

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »
Hey, my uncle Ronnie was a Seabee in Vietnam too. Damn agent orange gave him brain and lung cancer. Lost him in 88.

Seems like the Phantom had some production issues. IDK why they put that rough ass polycoat on their internal parts. Yes, it saves on rust if it ever gets wet, but who here ever shoots in the rain? (besides us comp shooters. lol)

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
So is the Phantom not a good option?  :huh:

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
I wouldn't take a phantom over an all steel SP-01.

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
I wouldn't either, but if the Phantom is the only option, is it a good pistol?

As for the poly, I really want something nice and light but still large enough to be fun to shoot. Hmm... I've got a couple of things in the works. I may get the Duty and wait for all of this other stuff to pan out before I get the SP-01. Some might say "just wait". But what do they know?  :cheesy: I was dubious on the Duty, but after holding one, I was very impressed. It's the pistol that Glock wishes it could be. Sexy!