Author Topic: CZ Noob with many questions  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Bigborgel

CZ Noob with many questions
« on: November 30, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
Just joined this forum, currently shooting a Sig 238,and a Sig 365xl, I have some arthritis in my wrist and find the 365 a bit too snappy. Shot a friend's CZ P09, and I was impressed with the reduction on felt recoil over my 365.I know nothing about CZ's, and I'm looking for some guidance from the members for which CZ pistol to start with. Looking for a 9MM, or .380 for HD primarily, and range use. I shoot at an indoor range twice a week, alternate between 3 pistols, generally do not carry, but have a CCW permit.  I was thinking of a P07. Heard that the EAA Tanfoglio is not as good a pistol as the CZ overall, and the same opinion of the Canik, neither pistol am I familiar with. So, my questions are: Is there a certain brand I should be looking at? And two, within that brand, which models would best suit my needs.

Offline frgood

Re: CZ Noob with many questions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 07:42:49 AM »
This may be a bit sideways but ...

The CZ 83 (.380). is only a couple of pounds and the caliber is a little easier on the hand over the 9mm (depending on bullet weight). While the pistol was discontinued in 2013, it is of solid design to remain long lived making the price quite reasonable. Size is perfect for HD and pocket carry.

The Sig models you mentioned, do have a lot of snap. More so, in my opinion, that the 83. A pure guess might be due to the 83 being a little heavier at 1.76 ilbs. I've heard mixed joy of the Rami, but nobody will decry its ability at defense and usefulness. Remember this is for defense not a comfort thing and you want results.

The P07 is heftier than the models you have as it is full size. I wish I could speak to sensitivity from arthritis as I do not know if it is heft or recoil that is painful. My pure guess is that the CZ83 provides the weight reduction without increasing pain and provides the same defense functionality with the ability for followup shots.

... And welcome to the forum! Here in the land of CZ nuts and fruits may you enjoy and flourish. CZ has a good selection of time tested designs and the best ergonomics. So ...

Welcome from Orlando, Fl.

Offline Scooterguy45

Re: CZ Noob with many questions
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »
It is true that the canik line and tangfolio line are cz clones, however they are well made clone.
Lotta people love em.
I can't speak as to the arthritis, but you can't go wrong with just a regular cz75b. Hard to beat.