Author Topic: CZ Fiber OPtic Sights  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Terry G

CZ Fiber OPtic Sights
« on: May 04, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
I ordered fiber optic sights from the CZ Custom shop and had them installed by a gunsmith.  The P-09 and CZ 75b both shot to the point of aim out to 25 yards.  After the sight's were installed they both starting shooting a couple inches low at 7 yards, about six inches low at 15 yard's. and a full foot at 25 Yards.  I would appreciate any suggestions on rectifying this problem.  My 97b with fiber optics sights, shoot's perfectly.  I can't figure t out.  The sight height looks the same as the original front sight. 

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ Fiber OPtic Sights
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »
Get some snap caps and dry fire the gun to see how much you are flinching.  (It sneaks up on you)

Offline Terry G

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
Not that.  Fired my 97 as a control, all hit's where I wanted them  No windage left or right, just shooting low since the sights were changed on both guns.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
Possibly the increased light from the optic sight makes it visible to you at a lower point in the notch of the rear sight.  You might need a taller front sight.  Try putting the front sight at the top of the notch in the rear sight for a test.  That will help you determine if a taller front will work.