Author Topic: USA made P10f vs Check made P10f  (Read 1989 times)

Offline cz550375

USA made P10f vs Check made P10f
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »

I just picked up a new US made P10 F optic ready and was somewhat surprised and not in a good way. The new US made pistol came in a normal  looking black CZ box but opening the lid revealed that the new boxes no longer have the cut outs for the pistol and other components in the foam. Both the top and bottom have a flat piece of foam on them and everything is tossed in the box. Also gone is the test target.
 The pistol itself has a few differences from the other Check made P10 C and F pistols I own. I'm sure its pure cost cutting but the US made gun does not have a polished feed nib on slide. Most troubling is that also gone are the beautiful hammer forged barrels with the perfectly smooth bores. The US made pistol came with an obviously drilled and reamed barrel. On initial inspection the barrel has visible jacket fouling on the lands from the rounds used to proof and function test the pistol because the lands are very rough. The grooves are quite smooth and that leads me to believe that the barrels are button rifled.
 As a high volume USPSA shooter I very much appreciated the great finish on CZ pistol barrel bores. The US made barrel will have to be lapped before it gets put into use.
 The frame has a couple of dimensional differences in the interior. On the positive side the laser engraving on the slide is a bit more stylized in the script.

Offline gaijin

Re: USA made P10f vs Check made P10f
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 07:49:51 PM »
I find that odd; CHF barrels are a selling point of CZ handguns.
If in fact the USA assembled guns no longer use them, I am surprised this is allowed by CZ.

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: USA made P10f vs Check made P10f
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
Hmm, mabye due to new or tougher restrictions on import vs domestic?