Author Topic: "Interesting" 75 Accessory. Thoughts?  (Read 3348 times)

b5.5dan

"Interesting" 75 Accessory. Thoughts?
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:07:32 AM »
While looking around at stuff, I came across this interesting little number...

http://www.shop.arietearms.com/CZ-75-Magnetic-Laser-Sight-CZ7501.htm

Now, don't get me wrong. I am certainly not going to say that this looks like the world's greatest product. However, it looks interesting and is certainly less that a Crimson Trace. I know that if having a mounted laser was really important to me, I could have picked up the Phantom. It's really not a necessity, but if it worked, it could be kind of cool.

I know they make magnetic products that would be strong enough to work in this type of application, but that doesn't mean this is one of those.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried them (or anything like them), if you've ever heard of the company who makes them, or just general impressions.

Thanks in advance, gentlemen!

zcbizzle

Re: "Interesting" 75 Accessory. Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:02:14 AM »
magnets a fun, thats given :cheesy:

i like the concept, a laser that doesnt require a rail...and whether it stacks up to the crimson trace or not... its a budget item, a very unique one at that, i would be interested to see one in action...

i imagine that shock to the weapon from recoil would not be an issue, don't most lasers lose zero from getting bounced around a bunch?

b5.5dan

Re: "Interesting" 75 Accessory. Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:56 PM »
I'm sure that it wouldn't stack up to the Crimson Trace. The Crimson Trace is, from what I gather, an incredible product. I was going to get one for the Glock, but I took the layaway money to get a new mag for my CZ 83. I wish I could try one first... With the Crimson Trace you know what you are getting and you know it works. This, on the other hand, is completely unproven and, I must admit, a bit odd looking to say the least. I guess if you got one and it was garbage you could send it back, but that's still not enough faith for me... I may get one anyway...