Author Topic: Radom Pistolet VIS wz. 35  (Read 11730 times)

american lockpicker

Radom Pistolet VIS wz. 35
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:39:38 PM »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Radom Pistolet VIS wz. 35
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »
         How old is that thing? Did anyone notice it had a Grip Safety? or at least looked like it did anyway. When did they start with those over here? Anyone? Great post btw even if I didn't understand any part of it except the 9mm part and the other Metric descriptions.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

american lockpicker

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
Its preWW2.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
Am I correct that the thing sticking out of the back strap is/was a grip safety? And pre-dates the ones here in the US?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:37:40 PM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Ummagumma

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 11:40:41 PM »
Just saw this post... here's some info on VIS wz.35

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/pl/vis-wz35-e.html

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 08:38:59 AM »
        Well ok then, I just didn't realize that the grip safety had been around that long. For some reason I always thought that the grip safety was more or less a modern as in the last 30 years or so invention/design.
        Wow I do love this place, the things you get to learn just never end. That reason alone makes me glad I started this site for everyone.

TexinMaine

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
I aint poking fun GW but 30 years??? The most iconic American handgun made has a grip safety, and that issss?......anyone?........anyone?......thats right, the Colt 1911. Made innnn?.....anyone?..........anyone?......thats right, 1911.... Ok, well maybe I am poking a little fun, but that just tickled my funny bone a bit when I read it. :laugh:

Tex

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »

Hey poke fun, I can take it. Sometimes being unaware is funny. I'm just saying that until the late 70's early 80's I was a wheel gun person and rarely held an Auto anything in my hand, long enough to learn anything about it. and I may well have known about the grip safety but I'm fairly sure it wasn't as obvious as it is now. So I most likely did know it was there it just didn't register. If you look at the original 1911 the back strap is yes in 2 parts but they are all most even top to bottom, the newer one have a rather distinctive "duck Tail" protrusion and the rest of the back strap is flat to the grip making the safety much more pronounced or noticeable. So Ya Colt has been making grip safeties for a hundred years give or take. And the VIS wz.35 has only been around about 80 years give or take. but it looks more like the "modern: Colt design than the original does. Yes I was/am wrong about who was on first, first. But Full auto's which I am more or less more familiar with and CZ's are actually the only pistol I am anywhere near that familiar with. No excuses I was wrong, and my apologies to all the Colt fans out there for slandering their beloved weapon.

I really had no one to teach me anything about guns, rifles, shotguns, or by then Semi autos, until I turned 18 and had a choice of running, drafting, or volunteering. I did the Latter, but even then because of the way I volunteered I pretty much was taught enough to know which end to hold and where to point. I was beyond bad with a long gun, strangely pretty good with hand held full automatics and Shotguns. So what I know about anything other than CZ's is from reading, and researching or personal experience. I could have done better at the learning part, and I wish I did know as much stuff about weapons of all kinds that most of you do, but I don't and it's almost too late at this point, but because of that I wanted this forum to be a place where people like myself can learn from folks like you. I count myself lucky and honored that I do know the little I do and the things I have learned on this forum and the other one I got banned from.

Feel free anyone to point out any other mistakes I make on this forum, because by doing so we all learn, and if I have to be the butt of a few jokes so we all learn something, especially the new shooters, then so be it.

I'm 60, I don't care anymore when folks make justifiable fun. I either just smile and take it, or I shoot them. So in that regard I'm fairly easy to get along with.   j/k
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 11:00:24 AM by GhostWarrior »

american lockpicker

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »
Grip safetys used to be very common even on revolvers...  :shocked:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 05:17:44 PM »
          Rugers? I said until 1968 (actually I said until I was 18) I never had anyone to teach me anything about weapons, But I was a wheel gun person, and what I knew I looked up, read about etc. My first wheel gun was a Ruger Security Six, the Second was a Ruger Speed Six, The third was a CZ 75, the fourth was a S&W Model 49, my fifth was a Colt Agent Air weight (an Unmitigated waste of metal, time and energy) both the snub nose were backups for my duty weapon which were the Rugers or the CZ. None of them had grip safeties, and even though friends had a gun store I did not handle every one in there, but I did handle some and even some old ones. The only grip safety I ever saw or at least remember seeing was on a Colt, Gold Cup, and I thought that was the slickest weapon I ever saw, held or fired. It almost got me off Rugers and CZ's but I couldn't afford it, Heck I could barely afford just to hold the thing. Oh Ya and I also loved Dan Wessons, but again, Way, Way out of my price range back then, Never saw a grip safety. sorry guys, I really am, I wish I knew what you all do I really do, I feel like I was cheated out of something growing up, but that's life, so sue me.

Oh and one of the reasons I never really liked Autos before I discover CZ's was that the ones I was given to practice/train with, used to jam, or FTFire. Failed to Feed, and one that another recruit was using on the range at the time fell apart. Seriously fell apart. That Gold cup I saw much later was the only Colt 1911 or any semi Auto I was will to trust (on man it was a thing of beauty) besides my CZ's. And I more or less remember that having a grip safety and thinking it was also a cool idea, so all my actuall experience was from 1968 forward, with random looking, touching older pistols and Semi Autos, Oh and nearly breaking my hand using a Thompson Contender single shot .44 as a test bed for testing level IIIA body armor, and no grip safety on that either as I recall.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:14:34 PM by GhostWarrior »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »

Sorry, I own both TexinMaine and  american lockpicker an apology. Apparently I am more sensitive about not knowing as much as most and a little of some when it comes to firearms. Long standing fascination with them, but since I always had others things I had to do I never got to really do anything about my fascination, and I am someone that when I don't expect to actually ever have or use one of whatever, or do something, than I don't spend anytime really reading and studying about it. Never expected to be able to buy firearms and go to the range and shot what I want, when I want. Always lived off someone else's sufferance, and I never take advantage even if my host could care less. Way to much pride I suppose. Now I am doing my best to learn everything I always wanted to but it's so much I keep it down to CZ's and a couple other weapons, both American and European equally more or less.

So again I do sincerely Apologize to both of you for maybe not what I said so much as the way I said it. I'm really bad when it comes to saying simple things in simple ways. Thanks for all your input both of you and everyone else that has taken the time to explain things to the rest of us. Without you folks there would not be a place people could have fun learning and making new friends without having to sort through a few dozen ads, and banners and out of date information.

And if you think I'm bad at this, you should see me when people try to thank me for doing things that I simply take for granted or for presents. I really don't do well when people want to do for me the same things I do for others. Fairly silly, but again it's my weird sense of honor, I give I never expect to recieve.  :laugh:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
         Hey here a topic changer. Anyone remember when Dan Wesson came out with their one pistol with 3 different length barrels for it? I think it came with a 4 inch barrel and there was a 6 inch and an 8 inch barrel also, any of which could be changed out inside a min or 2? Don't remember but I think it was a .357? Anyone? I drooled over that gun for at least a month. It was a think of beauty, heavy but beautiful. All chrome, stainless steel whatever it was back then, shiny as heck. If I shaved I could have used it (the shine) to do so.  :laugh: 

Can't remember the model name and I don't think they made it for more than a year maybe. The gun store had it in the counter for a long time and it may still be there fro all I know. It was Not inexpensive, for that matter Dan Wesson's in general were fairly high up the price range ladder I think.

TexinMaine

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 05:35:50 AM »
No worries GW. I am very much like yourself and have only really been into firearms for the last 6 or 7 years. I also am fascinated by learning a firearms heritage, I think that's why C&R firearms appeal to me. I don't usually express my opinion or knowledge for fear of coming off as a know-it-all. But I am willing to share what I have learned so feel free to ask any thing you like. I do recall the revolver you are talking about. I spend a lot of time on GunBroker and remember seeing one once, as I recall they were asking a pretty penny for it, but you will ofter see people on there asking outrageous prices.

Tex

TexinMaine

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 05:47:35 AM »
A little quick research and I turned up a Dan Wesson model 15-2 Pistol Pak which I believe is what you were referring to GW. Your right it is an interesting system. I will try to add a link to one for sale on Gunbroker. Hmmmmm, seems I can't. Sorry I'm not too savvy with the computer stuff.

Tex

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=257575966

I think this is the one you mean? If you want to try this some other time, here's how to do it. got to the top of the page where the internet (URL) address is. (http://HTTP://www.whatever) Right click on the address itself, two things have, the address gets highlighted in blue and you get a drop down box with some options, one of those options is Copy. Slide your pointer over the word and left click. At this point I should have a copy of the entire address only you don't seen it, Next go to whatever you are working on and needed to add the address to right click where you want the address and again you get a drop down box, This time left click paste. It should pop up and you can go on from there. it's how I just did it here.

BTW; Apparently I took a whole lot of things for granted back in my younger days and either never asked questions, wasn't paying attention, and or I have forgotten over the years. But in all honesty, I have to admit that for years I owned an Uzi Sub Machine gun, and used it and had access to a full auto Uzi and used that one also to. I just saw online that the thing has not only a grip safety, which I totally forgot about, the grip safety was a big honking square sticking out about half an inch at least. How anyone could forget that It would be me. So there you go, someone here learned something new, others may have known, and people like me got reminded of things from 30 or 40 years ago that we may not even have realized we knew in the first place. Someone tells you to hold this here, pull this, squeeze that, and after it goes bang do it some more. I could strip and clean it, but I honestly can't remember having seen or used the grip safety on my Uzi, yet I had to have, it's the only way those things were ever made.

Oh and A. L. I would seriously love to see a picture of a revolver with a grip safety, I tried to look them up online but I must have not been using the correct terminology or something. This isn't a challenge in any size shape or form, I just want to learn something new and if I can see it then that's just a plus. Especially since I seem to be on a roll putting my foot in my mouth, I will not be suprised to see you post a piture(s) or guns I have seen, and either didn't pay attention close enoguh or forgoten about. Seriously who owns an Uzi for 5 years and forgets it had a grip safety? Mybe I really am going senile.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:31:42 AM by GhostWarrior »