Author Topic: CZ40P!  (Read 15544 times)

Offline Squirrelly85

• I'm always left of the enemy
  • I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Re: CZ40P!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
Yeah I had some words with him for sure.  That's what I told each shop, that the gun retails for $650 online, I bought it for like $700, so somewhere between $400-$600 is what I'm looking to sell it for given it's condition and the couple little extras that I included.  I put it up on gunbroker and no dice, I never got a single bid or inquiry on it. Thanks for checking around by you though, ive contacting every store in Illinois to see if they have one, and I can't find a single site online that has one either.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »
      Squirrelly85 Have you asked the folks at CZ-USA about the pistol? I mean what the heck they are the importers they should be able to put you in touch with at least a distributor in your area or close to you. I think? or maybe even check in with Angus and his Wizards at CZCustom, they may have some ideas. Also try AuctionArms.com I have used them (to buy from anyway) and I had no problems.
     Hopefully I didn't just suggest you try things you allready thought of. I do that sometimes, it's a gift I have for stating the obvious.  :grin: And I will keep an eye out also.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna suggest auctionarms too but had a brainfart and forgot the site name.

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »
Yah I tried auctionarms and they had only old listings.  Lately my emails haven't being answered by CZ and Angus (or his team).  I do have actual mechanical questions and/or parts questions for them. 
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
I'd say try calling. When a phone rings you gotta answer it, you never know when they'll get the email.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
+ 1,
    I live for instant gratification. I am not a patient human being even though I fully understand and accept the fact I am not the only person wanting something, I still want it now or at the least ASAP, what ever it is I need or want. If Alexander Graham Bell hadn't wanted us to talk to each other he would have invented the telephone.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
I'm all about instant gratification to, in fact i think thats my middle name.  Add that to my super impulsive purchasing habits and I'm surprised I even have money period.

I tried calling CZ-USA first, they simply told me that since it was a limited run weapon (1,500 +/-), there is no way they could get one for me basically, they gave me names of vendors that sell all different kinds of CZ's but most are from Europe and the shipping rates are out of this world from FFL to FFL (her words).  I was told to simply keep an eye out.

Still determined, I call up CZCustom and was given the run around for a while till I got pissy and let one of the sales guys have it (verbally).  I was transfered to a "lead associate" who was able to answer all my questions.
1.  Where would be the best place to find a CZ 40P?
     A: Private Vendors/Look around/Ask around
2.  CZ 97B issues that we here have all discussed?
     A: Simply trial and error.  Polish up the feed ramp (done), Apply new recoil springs (I need to get a
         couple to see what works with what grain bullet), purchase the new magazines from CZCustom
         (he gave me the order number), and the most expensive.....put another 1000-2000 rounds
         through it in the highest increment of rounds possible at a time to simply break it in (which makes
         sense given that I really only have put maybe 500 rounds through each).
3.  GhostWarrior bought an SP-07....I want one too?
     A:  I never got a straight answer on this as to whether they would build me one or run another
          super short production of them.  I told him I would be willing to pay a bit more for the specialty
          order thinking that as a business, especially in todays economy, any sort of customer purchase
          would be somewhat honored.  He explained that the gun was very difficult to manufacture to
          begin with, precision slicing the dust cover of one gun, then apply the correct springs (noting that
          each gun is unique in that the springs are a bit different for each gun) and the incurred man
          hours.  So, I'll keep asking about the SP-07 till I get a straight answer.
The CZCustom guy also explained that I could have the entire gun sent to their shop and they could do all that work for me to see what the exact issue is and the fix for it, but gave no clear price so I figure I'll sleep on that idea.

So far I have tried every site I know of and have found to even see if there is a beat up one for sale and ive gotten squat.  So hopefully one will pop up sometime.

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
Wow, yeah, always good to just ask for a supervisor. "You can't answer my questions, let me speak to someone who can. NOW, please." I'm sure Angus isn't there all the time, but hes answered several of my emails personally. Of course I asked a bunch of convoluted technical questions. Like making a 97B on an SP-01 frame since they're like 1/10th of an inch different, ect. LOL, anyway, yeah, I called one local store for ya, no CZs in stock at he moment, got one hope left. I'll let you know.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 09:39:49 AM »
Snap!
      They only made 1500? Ouch  :sad: That is going to add a Lot of pain and time to finding one. I have a list of 4 pistols I am still trying to find and buy and they are all short runs (1000 to 2000 only) and one of them only have somewhere around 60 (ya Six Zero) even shipped to the US.

I'll add your weapon to my list and keep looking. Not, as you allready know, going to be easy. Think long term and ya it's killing me also. I Hate thinking long term.  :cool:

I was hoping you would be in time to buy the last one SP-07 they had, I truly am sorry that you missed it. I'll add that one to my list also.

Offline Squirrelly85

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2011, 05:32:32 PM »
Yeah, I never really saw myself as a limited collector till now.  But the CZ 40P seems like almost a perfect gun in a sense.  The combination of two time and war tested gun on one platform (The Colt 1911 lower and CZ 75 Upper) is just something I can not pass up.  From some of the talk I have heard about the CZ 97 is that they may be discontinuing that model to recreate a new pistol in the .45 caliber.  I think that if they made a few design changes and added a third version of the gun they could keep the overall concept and wouldnt have to make a brand new pistol.  I personally think they should take 2 rounds out of the magazine and add a rail.

But hopefully one will come along.