Author Topic: FOR SALE - CZ-75 Mec-gar magazine. New. $20.00  (Read 5484 times)

rcbloom2

FOR SALE - CZ-75 Mec-gar magazine. New. $20.00
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
Let me know.  Ron.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: FOR SALE - CZ-75 Mec-gar magazine. New. $20.00
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
         Well first, please allow me to welcome you to the CZForum.  We have a very nice group of folks here, and someone with your qualifications will be a big asset.

I am wondering though why are you selling only 1 MecGar mag? and what caliber is it for? I see that you said CZ75 but CZ uses that at the beginning of a number of it's models. And presuming it's a 9mm mag then it won't fit in a CZ 75 pre-B at all. Oh and how many rnds? I own 7 different 9mm Models of CZ and another 7 in different calibers old and new so I'm sure I could possibly find a place for it. Great price BTW. Let us know please what the answers are so that myself or someone else may be inclind to buy it.

Looking forward to spending time talking about CZ with you. I would love to know what you have collected so far and compare notes. And once again welcome to the forum.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

rcbloom2

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:01:59 PM »
I got it with one of the Pre-B CZ75's I bought from Robertson's Trading Post.  Was actually stuck in the gun.  It is a B magazine.  Has the cuts on both sides of the magazine for release.  9 millimeter. I have 6 CZ 75's one being a B Omega and 3 CZ 85's one being a B Omega, one Pre-B, and one Combat , a CZ82, CZ37,  07 Duty, 75 Compact and three Kadets.   In only use 9mm. I only use factory mags.  No Mec-gar.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »
                  Wow! thats a VERY nice collection!

And I have no doubt it (the mag) was well and truly stuck. Frankly I am stunned whomever put the mag in to a Pre-B actually got it all the way in, if I understand correctly what you just said. Not to mention you didn't have to destroy the thing to get it out. I did a mag test and posted the results here on this forum. If you care to take a look at it, you will notice that not even pre-B mags fit every model CZ all the time.

I am trying to figure out how to mark the MecGar, and the ProMag so I don't ever confuse them with Factory Pre-B mags. Haven't figured out yet how to mark them so they stay marked long term and still look nice.

I have 2 CZ 75 pre-B one NIB, (had 3 but the NRA Museum's permanent collection ones that one now it also is a NIB.), CZ 75 B's, CZ 75 SP-01, CZ SP-01 Custom Competition, CZ 75 P-01, CZ 2075 RAMI, CZ P-07/Shadow Frankengun ( one of only six made by CZ Custom), CZ Compact, ColtZ40, CZ 40 P, CZ 40 B, CZ 97 ( RSR special order) CZ 75B Limited edition brushed stainless, 25th and 30th Anniversary Models, the CZ 75 Cold War Commemorative, CZ 82, CZ 52, CZ 83. And a Kadet kit. (which frankly I wish I could find a lower for so I don't have to sacrifice the receiver of one of my other pistols, so far not looking to good)

I really would like to buy one of the Omega's at some point, but at the moment I am working of saving up for 2 commemorative/anniversary pistols. But the Omega's are definitely on my list.

Dang I swear I didn't realize I actually owned that many models I have some that have backups that are NIB and safe queens, but all my weapons go to my daughter when I start my dirt nap, Only things I have to leave to her that are worth anything if she ever needs the money. At one point I had things worked out so that I was going to have all my mag base plates Duracoated or creocoated in 3 different colors so I could tell which was which and no longer have to worry about accidentally grabbing the wrong mag. At the time I only owned 9mm's. I will admit it was/is a Lot of 9's but at least they are/were all the same caliber. But now thanks to my friends taking advantage of my generous and kind nature, I now have, .40's., and 45's, to take into consideration. Then of course the mags for the 52 are easy to spot so no worries there, but the mags for the 82 and the 83 look alike for the most part so now I have to add some sort of markings for those also.

I'm thinking that maybe color coding the base plates AND have 6 or 7 Mag bulk holders like the ones Competitive Edge sells made in each color. And that way making sure I grab the correct mags for which ever pistols I am going to use as my CCW that day.

Dang I totally got off topic. I AM very sorry, yes I'll buy your mag and I don't blame you for wanting to use nothing but factory mags, just make sure they actually fit in ALL your pistols so you don't end up in a FUBAR because the mag failed to fit during a firefight. PM me with where and how you want your money.

I do hope you keep your membership and are active here helping the other members. As far as I am concerned we are really a family, and family helps each other learn new things, and in both directions.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:22:44 AM by GhostWarrior »

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

rcbloom2

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »
Have CZ97 and CZ52 in 9mm.  The guy at Robertson's didn't care I guess.  They did not have factory mag, so they shoved that thing in my gun.  How do I PM? 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
Well ya can't fix stupid, And thanks for letting us know who the store was, so we don't shop there.
Anywho, left click on my SN, and when the page changes on the left you will see 3 or 4 choices. one of them is listed as PM. click that and write in whatever you need to.

BTW whats the 52 like to shoot in 9mm? Allways wondered, but haven't come across one as yet, Aren't the 9mm retro fits and not original designs? That may be why I haven't looked really hard for a 52 in 9mm. Retro fits make me a tad antsy trust wise. But I think I would still like to shoot one someday.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 07:26:59 AM by GhostWarrior »

rcbloom2

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:52 AM »
Don't get me wrong.  The people at Robertson's are great.  Look at one of their CZ75 auctions and read what they say about CZ's.   They are good people.  They sell the mec-gar mags.  I don't know how it got in there, I asked, they don't know either.  They did tell me that they do not have factory mags.  I have yet to shoot the CZ52. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 08:36:24 AM »
ok I sit corrected, Thanks for the correction.