Author Topic: WTS (MN) CZ 75 9mm  (Read 6834 times)

Sky Buster

WTS (MN) CZ 75 9mm
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:49:34 PM »
I'm selling my CZ 75.  This gun has had the original polycoat (paint) finish removed and was then blued. Comes with one hi-cap mag. No box. Overall the gun is about 98% condition. $450  plus $30.00 shipping to your FFL holder.  jep40sw@aol.com   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:02:21 PM by Sky Buster »

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

Re: WTS (MN) CZ 75 9mm Blued Price Lowered
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:14 PM »
Nice! What's the date on it, and any guess how many rounds it has through it?

If I wasn't scraping by to get that Dan Wesson for my other half, I'd jump on this.

Best of luck with your sale.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

Sky Buster

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »
Kev:

I don't know how to find the date. The serial number is in
the 103,000 range. It came out of an estate sale. It does
not appear to have been fired much as the action is very tight.
The barrel is marked "akah"

JP
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:52:45 PM by Sky Buster »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
     see that little oblong circle thing dead next to the ejection port? There should be 2 numbers inside the oblong. that's the date marking. Mine have 84, 84, 82, love to know what date yours is. Not that I would be allowed to buy it, after this past week if she catches me even thinking about buying another gun I wouldn't live long enough to say I was kidding.  :laugh:
     As for the barrel marking "akah" I didn't see anything for it when I tried a MSN search, and the Goggle search referenced Germany and or the German Army during WWII.
     Apparently there is a or was a company called Akah in Germany at one point and they may have had the weapon marked that way to sell them in Germany, but everything I read says that's a weird place to put an import stamp. Sorry I can't help more than that but I would suggest you try giving the folks at CZ-USA a call and see what they have in their archives if anything about it. And I think one or twoo of our members may be able to help. We have some very knowledgeable folks here.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Sky Buster

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »
THE SLIDE IS MARKED "84". THERE IS ALSO SOME TYPE OF CREST TO THE
LEFT OF THE BARREL SERIAL NUMBER. Other than a few scratches on the
plastic grips, the gun is near perfect. Does anyone know when the 75 was
first imported into the US?

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
     Well cool the 84 is the date it was mfg. You could goggle the information about when they were first shipped but I think it was approx 1982. The thing is that the USA and the USSR had an on again off again sort of import export thing going back then. They were first designed in 1975 and then produced in 1976, So realistically they could have come in anytime after that brought in by Military personal or US Citizens before they officially went up for sale here.
      The first officially shipped ones I think were imported through Canada, then everything came to a screeching halt when both countries took their marbles and went home. But then Action Arms in the US took over in the 1990's then later CZ-USA took over as a whole owned subsidiary of the Parent Company and has sold them ever since.
     I have CZ 75's marked with no import stamps, Canadian import stamps and Action Arms import stamps. I really do not think you will see any CZ 75's with CZ-USA import marks since they started up after the embargo was lifted and by then all CZ 75's had the "B" added after the 75. Don't take this for gospel since I could be off a date or 2 but I believe I'm fairly accurate

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Sky Buster

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 06:31:05 PM »
Thanks for the info. I don't see any import marks unless it's
the "akah" on the barrel.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:27:48 AM »
       I mean no offense especially if you know this, the import marks are the name of the company that brought the weapon into the US for sale, as in Action Arms, or CZ-USA, if there is nothing like that on your weapon then you can (or should be able to) tack on another 100.00 US, especially if that Akah info was/is correct, marking that pistol as a German Model.
      Like I said double check and I wish I could buy that because I would without a seconds thought. It is certainly out of the "Common" designation and into at least the "novelty/collector" stage.

If you haven't allready tried, I would suggest trying to sell it on GunBroker.com or AuctionArms. Both are very well known and they have hundreds of folks every day searching their sites. Best of luck.

Sky Buster

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »
Thanks for the info....

Sky Buster

Re: WTS (MN) CZ 75 9mm Blued
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
Ghost Warrior
 Under a strong magnifying glass the proof mark is a -- rampant lion over a large letter N - this is on both the barrel and the ejection port.  The barrel is also clearly stamped AKAH.  Any more clues?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:23:54 PM by Sky Buster »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
Re: WTS (MN) CZ 75 9mm
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »

Is this what the Lion looks like? if so it's part of the Coat of Arms for the Czech Republic, The N may be a proof mark, and I found out the AKAH is the name of one of Germanies Biggest weapons wholesalers back in it's day. Here's the link to the companies web page info: http://www.akah.de/structure_default/main.asp/G/111327/A/1/S//R/0/L/1033/N/115350/ON/114731. So I'm guessing here that the weapon was made in Czech, sold or sent to the German Police, the N is a proff mark, the lion is the Czech royal Lion, and I's allso guessing it came to the US by way of a private or military person other wise it would have some form of Import markings on it like I said the other day. Hope this helps you out. Certainly is an unusual CZ and one would thing it would be worth more to someone but then it may simply be one of manym It really is pretty to know something of it's history and travels around the world. Just do not get your hopes up about the price, Everything I found out is from the net and dosen't mean it's rare. Wish I could own it though, have fun and enjoy the waepon, I have carried one for 40 years.

Sky Buster

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »
The 75 is no longer available

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 10:32:38 AM »
 :cry: :sad: Just kidding, And I am the last person to get disappointed. After all I think I would hold on to it for a while longer if I were you, myself. Especially if you aren't hurting for money then hang on to it if for no other reason than for the coolness factor.