Author Topic: CZ 75 B Problems...  (Read 5469 times)

fcarpio

CZ 75 B Problems...
« on: January 27, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »
Hi there, new member here. I am the proud owner of a new CZ 75 B, but I am running into some issues with it. Here is what is happening:

• On the last round the slide does not lock in the back position. This happens about 30% of the time.
  • If I put the magazine with 5 rounds with a little force and the slide is locked back, the slide unlocks and loads the first round.
  • After shooting 100 rounds I get my trigger finger (and other parts of my hand) stained black, really bad.
Is this something I can fix myself or am I better off sending it back to CZ for warranty work?

Thanks!

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ 75 B Problems...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 02:06:44 PM »
The slide lock is operated by the follower in the magazine.  Try different magazines to see if the mag is causing the problem.  I have heard of some guns closing when the mag is inserted.  Does it do it if you gently insert the mag?  I'm not sure about the black stains.  Is the gun over lubed?

fcarpio

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »
Thanks for your reply Rodolfo. I am not slamming the magazine, but if I insert it with a bit of force then the slide releases. As far as the black stain goes, I think that is powder. Definitely not grease.

What about the slide not locking after firing the last round? That can't be normal...

Francisco.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »
The follower in the magazine is replaceable if that is the problem.
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/047007401601_Magazine-Follower-Tac-Sportipsc
It may be something with the slide stop.  Take the slide off and put the slide stop back in the frame.  While watching the stop insert an empty magazine.  You should see the hold open action as the follower pushes the stop up. 

Offline Cantankerous

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »
I had the same issue with a 1911. The slide stop had been over-milled and wasn't "sticking out enough to consistently catch the magazine and keep the slide back on the last round. Send it in to CZ or have them send you a replacement. Should be an easy fix.

fcarpio

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies, it is good to know that these two (main) problems may be related to the same thing and that it can be easily fixed.

Now, what about the black residue left in my hand after shooting?

Offline Redfish

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »
My 85B does the same thing. So does my Beretta PX4. Have been able to induce same in Kahr PM-40 but requires harder than necessary insertion force. The CZ is the most sensitive gun I own in this regard followed by the Beretta. It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the two original CZ 16-round mags or the three 19-round MecGars. As for shooting dirty, look to your ammo. The first box of ammo I shot with this gun was white box Winchester which I had used many times in 40 cal in the Beretta and loved it. My hands looked like I had been shooting a revolver and it was all over my station at the range.  Has not happened again. I even got up the nerve to try the Winchester again recently and it was a totally different experience. ??? Wondering what they loaded in that first box. As for the gun, I love it. Wish CZ would make one in my size though. Have to choose between inline grip or being able to reach the trigger.

fcarpio

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:11:10 AM »
I spoke to the folks at CZ and they asked me to send it in, they even paid for the shipping. I am sending it in today. I am glad I got a CZ because their customer service seems to be great so far. I just hope it doesn't take the 4-6 weeks they claim it will take to get it fixed.