Author Topic: CZ P-01 omega WOW!!  (Read 6841 times)

Offline RI_CZ

CZ P-01 omega WOW!!
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:10:02 PM »
Hi guys.  New to CZ.  Always been more of a polymer / striker fired guy.  I carry an XD 45 mod.2 subcompact and my true love has been a Walther PPQ in 9mm.  Anyway I didn't know much about CZ and I didn't WANT to like CZ.  I didn't need to buy another gun!  But, inevitably it happened.  Finishing up RSOing the range and someone asked me to put a few rounds through a CZ 75B to "see if something feels off to you."  Well I put 5 rounds through the same hole at 25 feet, so needless to say.... nope felt just right to me!  Next week I had a chance to shoot one again and had a similar result.  CZs were becoming hard to ignore.  I finally had a chance to shoot another pistol instructor's carry gun, a P-01 omega and WOW!  A half-assed level of focus and 50 rounds through the 10 ring at 25 feet ripped the bullseye out of the target.  I was sold.  Needless to say I now have an urban grey suppressor-ready P-01 omega.  I just can't believe how accurate a gun this size has been for me.  I am about 300 rounds into a 2 session love affair with this gun.  I am convinced I will shoot a 295 or better by the end of next week once I get the nuances of my particular gun down. (she shoots just a touch high and right at 25 yards, as did the factory operator that generated her original target at birth).  Not even enough to bother drifting the sight if it proves to be true over the long run.

Anyway, HI and sorry it took so long to catch up with you geniuses!  Haha rock on CZ peeps!  :grin:

Scott

Offline RI_CZ

Re: CZ P-01 omega WOW!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:16:28 PM »
I know..... Didn't happen without pics.  Haven't figured out how to do that yet!  Help?

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »
I was a Glock 19 fan, actually one of the first to hit the States. It was OK, but nothing special. I started reading on MANY sites about the P-01 and thought I would give it a try.

I bought one and 1000 rounds ow that dirty trash Winchester white box.  The plan was to see how far it would go without a failure. Without cleaning the gun I started blasting away. After about 800 rounds the gun was so dirty I gave up and cleaned it. It took TWO cans of GunScrubber to get the crap off, it looked like riner mud but KEPT SHOOTING.

The Glock was sold the next day now I own a P-01 and a P-01 Omega. For me the Omega is a MUCH more accurate shooter.

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
I'd agree!  Just shot a 290 qualifier on day 2.  Love this thing.

Offline djw

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 08:46:40 PM »
have been a cz fanboy since about 2000. recently got a 75B Omega and the trigger is miles better than the one on my 75B. the omega trigger doesn't cam back in single action and is about 4.5 lbs. with no creep. don't know how it will hold up but sure is nice to shoot.............had been told to avoid it as the trigger was "a cheaper model" but find it works very well indeed. only time will tell...........for now I am happy.

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
I've had a chance to shoot two more at the shop/range since I bought mine.  Both with standard sights.  One was a delight.  The other had sights significantly off line by the factory and a very grainy slide that took me by surprise.  The owner didn't give it a precleaning before the first shoot so that may have had something to do with it. I noticed my initial cleaning came up with some very heavy packing grease and it made a big difference when I hit it with a heavy coating of standard lubricant.  So far my Urban grey supressor-ready model with high sight posts has been the nicest shooting of them all.  I consider myself lucky.  I've been a little surprised at the factory targets that have come in the cases of the other guns. The groups have varied from tight to not so tight and generally more off target from point of aim then I would have suspected for them to ship as is.  Wishing everyone the best of luck on their new CZs!

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 05:44:23 AM »
I've had a chance to shoot two more at the shop/range since I bought mine.  Both with standard sights.  One was a delight.  The other had sights significantly off line by the factory and a very grainy slide that took me by surprise.  The owner didn't give it a precleaning before the first shoot so that may have had something to do with it. I noticed my initial cleaning came up with some very heavy packing grease and it made a big difference when I hit it with a heavy coating of standard lubricant.  So far my Urban grey supressor-ready model with high sight posts has been the nicest shooting of them all.  I consider myself lucky.  I've been a little surprised at the factory targets that have come in the cases of the other guns. The groups have varied from tight to not so tight and generally more off target from point of aim then I would have suspected for them to ship as is.  Wishing everyone the best of luck on their new CZs!

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I have owned 7-8 CZ's and also noticed the target issue. They build on hecK of a gun BUT their testerrs need a LOT of range time..

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 06:39:52 AM »
True.  Some of those factory targets dont seem bench rested.  The sight on the one gun I mentioned was visibly misaligned from the factory causing everyone who shot it to group way right.

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »
True.  Some of those factory targets dont seem bench rested.  The sight on the one gun I mentioned was visibly misaligned from the factory causing everyone who shot it to group way right.

There are NO HOLES in the targets. Just black circles. I may be missing something but how you TEST FIRE a weapon WITHOUT  firing it?

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:29 AM »
They are test fired.  The white holes represent bullet impacts.  The black represents the group average.  The crosshair is point of aim.  I think there used to be 5 rounds for test targets.  Newer ones have shown only 3.

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »
They are test fired.  The white holes represent bullet impacts.  The black represents the group average.  The crosshair is point of aim.  I think there used to be 5 rounds for test targets.  Newer ones have shown only 3.

Is it done by Laser Sites?

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 02:53:59 PM »
I think you give gun manufacturers too much credit.  I dont kniw their pricedures but they are off enough sometimes from the factory that I am not even sure they are bench rested haha.

Offline djw

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »
my recently purchased cz 75B omega de-cocker convertible is dead on at 25 yrs. right out of the box. great trigger and drop free mags.......what's not to like?

Offline RI_CZ

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »
I work at a store that sells CZs.  Most aren't quite that good.  Targets are usually at 25 meters vs. 25 yards.  A couple inches off to the side or high at that distance is nothing for a defensive handgun.  Feel free to post pics of your factory target.

Offline Greg Bell

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »
I just picked up one myself. Fantastic little blaster. Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr