Author Topic: Just Purchased a CZ 75D Compact (Not PCR)  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Picotribe

Just Purchased a CZ 75D Compact (Not PCR)
« on: November 24, 2022, 06:47:17 PM »
Hi,

New registrant, here!

Last Saturday I went shopping for a bag for my Benelli Nova tactical. I was having a bit of a hard time finding the right size so I took a drive to a small town about 10 mintues down the road. I found a bag that looked like it would work and brought it up to the counter. I was browsing the pistols in the display case and spotted a Beretta 92FS which was a model I had been interested in but had never held. I took a feel of it and it was better than expected...BUT, then I spotted a CZ in the same display. It was a little smaller but looked, well...just right.  I asked the guy if I could check it out and he brought it out for me. Oh man, it felt really good. H e asked me if I wanted to take a picture of it so I could look at some reviews etc., so I did that. I took the shotgun bag and headed back home, thinking about the CZ all the way home.
When I got home, and tried the shotgun bag, it was a little too short for my shotty. I hopped back in the car and headed back to the store to return it.  By the time I got to the store, I had my mind made up and when I walked back into the store I said "Hey that bag was a little too short for my gun". The guy said "aw bummer." And I replied " So I'd like to return it and allpy the credit toward that CZ". He got a smile on his face and said "alright!"

Come to find out, it's a 75D Compact but not the PCR, BUT it does have a decocker instead of a safety, and a steel frame. it took m quite a while to find out the info online but I did.
I guess there were only 20 of these brought into the US market. And I found one at a small shop in a small town...brand new!
I'm pretty stoked! I have a few more days to wait before I can pick it up.

From what I've read, I should be changing out the friring pin retainer roll pin???
Should I have them at the store check it for any pin problems from dry firing, or what do you think?
I don't know haw many folks have handled it and possibly dry fired it but I guess it's an issue with the CZ's???

Advice?

Offline Derosa

Re: Just Purchased a CZ 75D Compact (Not PCR)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:26:37 PM »
I would buy snap caps and practice a bunch.  I have had my CZs for years with no issues.  Dry fire without caps will hurt it in the long run. Change parts when needed not when someone says to change.  My two...

Offline Picotribe

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 07:04:10 AM »
OP here,

So I went to pick up the pistol.
Ends up that it is in fact a PCR. The people at the store just had it labeled "CZ 75 D Compact" and didn't know about the different versions.  That's ok with me, I dig the pistola.

Offline slgorin

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 01:41:00 PM »
I just got the same pistol a few weeks ago as well.  I did get a spring and pin replacement kit from Mcarbo.com.  I am waiting on advice about the replacement of the polymer spring recoil guide.  CZ makes an aluminum version that must be softer than the stainless steel that most change it to.  Congradulations and hope you enjoy it.  Mine is an upgrade from a Hi-point 9mm.