Author Topic: Ultra Lux or 'Special Military Training Rifle?'  (Read 3060 times)

Offline Panoply

Ultra Lux or 'Special Military Training Rifle?'
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »
Hi Y'all,

I recently (several months ago) bought the 452 Training Rifle.  I much prefer the look of the Ultra Lux, however none were available at the time and I required a .22 at the time.  Is there any discernible difference between the two rifles?  Something to justify me in buying it?

Thanks, As Always,
Pano
Be Well & God Bless

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: Ultra Lux or 'Special Military Training Rifle?'
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
The Ultra Lux is a long-barrelled version of the Military Training Rifle. It was originally built as a special order with gold-plated trigger, which was cancelled by the (Middle Eastern?) customer. Several ended up in our country but unfortunately I did not have the spare cash to buy one at the time. They acquired a following and CZ started making short runs, without the gold-plated trigger and with the new designation of Ultra Lux. They are a nice thing to have for iron-sight shooting but slightly pointless accuracy-wise if you do all your shooting with a scope. The 452 barrel is also slightly stiffer than the longer Ultra Lux barrel.

I suggest that you enjoy your Training Rifle for now and only buy an Ultra Lux if the price, condition and accuracy are commensurate with your budget and expectations.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.