Author Topic: RCBS, Little Dandy Rotor Storage  (Read 3544 times)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
RCBS, Little Dandy Rotor Storage
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:05:33 AM »
Thought maybe a few of you might like to see the storage box I made for my RCBS, Little Dandy Rotors
I have a collection of 30 rotors, from 00 thru 28
I know, I know, RCBS doesn’t have a 27 or 28….I made them too
The box is milled-out from two solid pieces of 2X8 Oak

So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before, and the years after him !

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: RCBS, Little Dandy Rotor Storage
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
                 OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I don't even want to ask what the box would go for if it was hollow, As it is I don't want to know, I really can't tell but you said you used two pieces of Oak, but it looks like matched grain all the way top to bottom, but my eyes are still wonky so maybe I can't tell. but you did one outstanding job of matching the the rim of the top half to the bottom half, Hardly tell there is a line there. You could make a pretty decent living (or at least really decent Shooting/Pocket money) as a part time hobby/commercial furniture maker and part time machinist.
               And I think I know why you didn't stain it other than a clear coat, but if you had stained it.........................     :shocked:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:20:24 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: RCBS, Little Dandy Rotor Storage
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »
Do you ever have a problem with the powder flowing smoothly in the Little Dandy? I don't have one but still use the standard RCBS measure. I developed a habit of doing a "double tap" with the handle both on the up-stroke (charging the rotor) and on the down stroke (dropping the powder). I get a more consistant charge and also make sure that all the powder drops into the case. Normally not a major problem but when the humidity is real low the powder likes to be static and stick to the sides.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles