Author Topic: CZ and EAA Witness??  (Read 28253 times)

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
Re: CZ and EAA Witness??
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
I like the way you think....and now you got me thinking....  :laugh: :laugh:   Guess I need to arm up, then ammo up and then we can look at the plinker accessory.

But I have a question.  You mentioned owning several different calibers (and lots of them).  Being the noob that I am, wouldn't it make more sense to have several guns that all fired the same ammo type or am I being too optimistic to believe that there will be plenty of just <fill in the blank> caliber ammo out there wtshtf  ??

dogdog
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

b5.5dan

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 03:42:34 PM »
That's not a noob question; that's a perfectly sensible question! And yes, it would probably make more sense to have 6 9mm handguns than to have one each 9mm, 10mm, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, .380, and 38spl. Fact is, I just like guns, and having two of each is a convenient story for when there's a new one I want  :laugh: :laugh:

But they are all a bit different. The 9mm is awesome and tried-and-true, but  :laugh: the .45 is different. Big and slow. The 10mm is just a BLAST to shoot. It's my new favorite by far!

I guess one way to look at it is "well, if we have to scavenge for ammo, we'll have a better chance of finding something we can use if we can use anything!" haha

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
As b5.5dan said, that is a good question.....I personally bought my rifle in 9MM so I don't have to find different ammo for different guns....9MM is very plentiful and relatively cheap (easier to stock pile). I also see his point as well, If you find other ammo and you have the gun to use it thats an advantage.....

I'm happy with my 9MM pistol and rifle......although a .22 would be good for practice and plinkin and thats cheap as well...but you can't reload .22.....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:17:03 PM by chfields »
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
You can't reload .22, but if you could spend $200 all at once on one .22 order you could probably get enough to never have to buy it again. 550 rounds is $20, so a bulk order could probably get you close to 10k rounds.
9mm is the go-to round for stocking though. I would like a 9mm carbine. Underwood has some +p+ stuff that would be incredible out of a 16" bbl...

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
I got mine New in Box for under $300
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »
They are a little more here from what I've seen but not much. I had one in .40 but sold it. Wish I hadn't. Those would be great for home defense with some of that DRT frangible ammo!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 09:09:58 PM »
Yeah..and its extremely accurate for a "cheap" rifle...I'm very pleased with it....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 09:12:55 PM »
Mine was golden out to 100 yards. My guy has the .40 carbine with forward grip, laser, and flashlight for $345. I'm sorely tempted!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Thats not bad...I got mine at the gun show for $289 with the 4x32 scope...it was like $297 w/tax.......

I was shooting clay targets at 120 yards......
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
I'll get another sooner or later. I could really use one, but I'm considering my next purchase and may save up to get something "nice"... My first $1000+ firearm. Don't know what though lol
Probably either a Tanfoglio Hunter in 10mm or an H&K USP... I don't know lol
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:49:53 PM by b5.5dan »

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Personally, I can't justify that much money for a gun, but that could also be because I don't have a lot of extra money.....If I were rich, it might be another story.....My $500 CZ shoots just as well as $1200 pistol...just not as pretty.... :laugh:

My $300 rifle will shoot just as well as any AR out to at least 100 yards, it just doesn't have the mag capacity.....again tho, not as pretty....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:03:33 AM by chfields »
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
My 75b is a GORGEOUS firearm! I would set it against any other pistol anywhere, and I would shoot it against anyone else (well, not JJ Racaza, but you know what I mean lol). I don't have much (read: ANY) extra money, but I have a pretty decent firearm collection. And with the exception of my Elite Match (a truly amazingly awesome firearm), none of mine cost more than $550. I have every spot in my arsenal of need covered from mag-fed battle rifle and shotgun to hunting rifle and "comp-worthy" pistol. Pocket mousegun, compact, .22lr revolver... Anyway. I have what I "need", but that's not going to stop me from spending money  :tongue: :tongue:
So the thing I want now is since I have my bases covered so to speak, to get a couple I really want. I want a Dan Wesson Razorback, I want a Delta Elite, I want a Hunter (all 10mm)... I would like an H&K USP  (wish that came in 10mm!), I would like a 44 magnum with 6" bbl... What else? I would like. CZ CTS Longslide... Hmm... I'd like a nice 1911 in .40 S&W If I could find one...

Wow. Sorry. I took this WAYYYY off-topic. Sorry  :laugh:

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 01:46:22 AM »
Oh, don't misunderstand, I think my CZ 75B SA is a great looking gun and I love it to death, but its not as "pretty" as some other guns. :cheesy: Thats a mighty fine collection you got there and I would love to own some more guns, but my wife hates guns... :huh: it took me 10 years to talk her into buying the CZ and with the country the way it is now, I was able to convince her to let me get the rifle... :cheesy: but she made it clear, that was the last one.... :sad: She is even giving me a hard time about shooting them due to the cost of ammo.  :rolleyes: Otherwise, I would probably spend every extra dollar I had on guns and ammo.....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »
I DO spend every extra penny on it. But on top of my salary I'm fortunate enough to earn extra every month, so the wife gets my salary and half of the extra  :laugh: :laugh:
The rest goes to guns and ammo. We'd be in great shape financially if I had already purchased everything on my $10k wish list and didn't need any more... Someday...

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 06:28:36 AM »
Hi everyone.

Noob here, again, with yet another noob question.

Could someone explain to me, in easy to understand 3rd grade language, what is the difference in single action; double action and the decocker? (I'm a slow learner)  I'm hoping to get some range time this weekend and am going to take this information with me. 

You see, my gun didn't come with a visual safety (what I'm more used to), and although I'm not planning on carrying this particular one, I want to know more about the safety items that this hand gun purports to have.

Thanks.

dogdog

You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!