Author Topic: CZ and EAA Witness??  (Read 28116 times)

nano12

CZ and EAA Witness??
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:43 AM »
Are CZ pistol magazines and EAA Witness magazines interchangeable.  I came across a EAA witness at a gun show recently and thought it resemble the CZ line.  Please advise  Thank you

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ and EAA Witness??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:14 AM »
          First off Please allow me to say Welcome to the forum! We have great members and can do attitude, and we like to help ecah other.

I'm sure someone will be able to answe that question other than myself. I have never owned an EAA Anything but understand they are arrarently CZ clones. So please don't take this as gospel, but since the TZ (Tanfoglio CZ clone from Italy) has a magazine that works fine or did 30 years ago in a CZ, then if EAA kept to the same pattern then possibly their mags will work in a CZ also.

You should wait to get confirmation from one of the other members here, before going out and getting a magazine for either made by the other. Once again welcome to our CZ family.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:46:49 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

TexinMaine

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »
GW, I believe EAA'a are basically imported Tanfaglio's. So if the TZ fit I would assume the EAA's should also. But then again there is the old saying about "assuming" stuff.  :cheesy:

glockdude57

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
i do know that cz mzgs fit the tz 75 thats good news

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
I can't answer from experience, but I do know that from what I have heard, the two are different enough to not be interchangeable... Before I offer my opinion (and my knowledge based on nothing more than the fact that I came *this* close to buying one recently) I have to ask; did you pick the one at the gun show up?

Welcome to CZ Forum, by the by. This is an awesome place.

Offline chimera

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:51:46 AM »
From experience:
I have a CZ-75B, a '92 pre B (transisition), a Tanfoglio TZ-75, and TA-90, EAA witness Stock.
Lucky me, both CZs the TA-90 and the TZ-75 will all enterchange.
The large frame Tanfoglios from EAA are not even close, the small frame may -may.

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:35:57 PM »
Welcome to CZ Forum, Chimera!
Thanks for the info! I'm considering a Witness compact, so this is good to know. Also, people who love CZs generally seem to be ok with the EAA, so it's good to have a cross-platform knowledge base.

Again, Welcome aboard!

b5.5dan

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
I just got my first Witness, but I can't help (still) because mine is in .45 ACP. So why did I even bother posting? Just because I'm stoked about my latest pistol.  :laugh:

kym

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
From reading this post I assume I can't use a CZ upper on my EAA Witness (Tanfaglio) full size .45. If I can feel free to chime in.

b5.5dan

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
Welcoem to CZ Forum! We're delighted to have you here!
As for the CZ Slide/Witness Frame (or vice versa), no. You don't want to do that. The Witness has a wider body (if I remember correctly) so it wouldn't fit.
And even if they did, they are not made to work together, and since we are dealing with high pressures, close tolerances, and bullets, best to leave it be.  :grin:

kym

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »
           This is super. We have more than 1 new member posting on the same topic within days of each other! How shiny is that? Anyway for those of you I haven't met yet, Please allow me to also Welcome you to our forum. We are certainly glad to have you , and look forward to helping, being helped or just hanging out here with us. We try to help as many as we can, and if you can help someone then please do so. Remember there are no stupid questions regarding weapons and even if some figures out how to actually ask one, we are still polite about answering them. So have fun and welcome again.

BTW, chimera, which of the 3 transitional CZ Pre-B CZ's do you have? I have the second one ('92) that looks very much like the B Model only minus the firing pin block. Looking forward to hearing and maybe seeing your's? I think other than myself I haven't met anyone else with a Transitional model. Mine is kind old and well used, but I do not think I'm going to have it refinished. And the guy that sold it apparently either had no idea what it was or how much it cost because I got it for less than $400.00 and it works fine. Normally I would have told the seller it was undervalued but this guy was a putz so I let him sell it for his asking price. Figured it was the least I could do since he went out of his way to be rude when I posted/asked him a question about it. :angel:

The Transnationals are a hoot aren't they? To have one of the pistols that helped shape the CZ B line, like holding history in your hands.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline chimera

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »
BTW, chimera, which of the 3 transitional CZ Pre-B CZ's do you have? I have the second one ('92) that looks very much like the B Model only minus the firing pin block. Looking forward to hearing and maybe seeing your's? I think other than myself I haven't met anyone else with a Transitional model. Mine is kind old and well used, but I do not think I'm going to have it refinished.
Mine is also a '92, but w/the round trigger guard, ramped front sight, and spur hammer. So more pre B except for the new type rear sight and the ability to take new mags.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »
         Shiny!  :cheesy: Between us we have 2 of the three and I haven't seen anyone talk about having even one in any forum I keep track of, Which truthfully isn't many or much since this keeps me busy enough.

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 02:44:27 PM »
Hi,

I am a gun novice and have never owned a hand gun but now that the kids are older I want in my house mostly for target shooting and self defense (maybe a .40 or .45 for that one but that's later on down the road - gotta get momma on board first).  I am taking a strong interest in the CZ and after I shot my cousins and it was some kind of sweet.   CZ 75 Compact D model 9mm.  I've called all over Houston and no one carries it as a shelf model.  Went to a recent gun show and barely saw any vendors carrying a CZ at all.  Maybe I saw four total, different models but not the 75 Compact D model. 

Today I shot a Witness EEA-Cocoa-FLA model 9mm.  The fella behind the counter said it was an older model but because I don't know shux from shinola, I'd go with his statemen.  But, it did feel just like the CZ I'm looking for.  About the same price point from what I've looked at so far but don't know enough about both to say one is better than the other.  I'm going to go with the idea it's more up to the owner.   

Why are the CZ models so hard to find and are the EAA model just as hard to find?  Guess I'm worried about service for parts etc.  if needed.   What do ya'all think? 

dog

You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!