Author Topic: Defensive Pistol Practice and Training (Link)  (Read 12109 times)

b5.5dan

Defensive Pistol Practice and Training (Link)
« on: January 06, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Howdy, y'all... It's been a while, so I thought I would post this. It was a good read, and there are some good ideas...
http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/ccw/training.htm

Also, it got me to thinking... We have some great guys here with some wonderful experience. I wonder if some of our members could contribute ideas for training and "keeping sharp" that would be helpful to the rest of us. Goodness knows I could use some help...

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Defensive Pistol Practice and Training (Link)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
Here we go, time to introduce my new video series Angryvikingman's "A fat guys guide to practical self defense." LOL, I have a few videos I'll throw up on youtube. Be sure to give them extra harsh criticism. LOL!

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01:37 PM »
Those will be extra useful to me... SD from the comfort of my couch? Haha

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:01 PM »
Here we go! I'll add them below as they upload to YouTube.

Video 1: Tactical Reload

Video 2: Mating Thumbs Grip
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:59:04 PM by Angryvikingman »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »
               Hey thanks for taking the time to make both those video's. Question: does that tactical load work on all brands or just CZ or just that or certain models of CZ?

Up until today, there is no way I would have slapped a mag into the pistol that hard. Then again, since I load a tracer round third from the bottom, my slide never gets a chance to lock back. But, that as it may be, Every time I saw that done with a 1911 the top round got jolted out of postion and you ended up with a jam? Or am I just really really old and haven't kept up?

There was a definite line between just hard enough to seat the mag and hitting it too hard and ending up with a jam.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »
1911s are notorious for mag feed issues. The only pistols that I've done that Tac reload with are my CZ and a Beretta 92F. I recommend finding a safe place and trying it yourself with your own pistols. A military operator showed me that while I was taking a class with him.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »
        OK I'll try it have the eye gets fixed. I am going to have a hard time actually trying that trick after all these years of not hit my mags that hard.  :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice