Author Topic: Hello from Az. New to me CESKA ZBROJOVKA CZECH CZ70 .32ACP PISTOL  (Read 899 times)

Offline GreasyStool

Picked this up off GB last week for less than 300 bucks. Was watching several that were under CZ VZOR 70. Some went for stupid prices, over 460.00+40 shipping, another 430.00, 35.00 shipping. Wasn't going to get into a bidding war with these crazy people. Found this one listed under .32 ACP autos and I was the only one to bid on it! Got five OEM CZ Magazines for it, stay away from the Triple-K junk. This one was made in 78 year I graduated HS! Parts are available. These were used and maintained up till the 80's when the CZ-82/83 took their place.  Picked this up the other day.  Interesting little pistol. Does't appear to have seen much use. Grips are almost perfect, slide rails still have bluing on them, no faded bluing on the front of the grip or slide. Shoots fine using my .32 reloads abiet a bit on the low side. tried some WW 231 and the 60 gr Speer Gold-dot and some 71gr FMJ's also with WW 231. Didn't have my Chrono with me but judging by the expansion on the HP's in water jugs I would guess high 700's maybe low 800's fps. Will try a some Unique next time around seems to be a better powder for the .32. Installed new recoil springs before I shot it and took the old one with me too just in case. New one is a good 1/2 inch longer. Couldn't tell any difference with either spring. Had a few light strikes, firing pin channel had some junk in it. A few failure to feed probably cause loaded light. I have a ton of 7.62X25 hard primer machine-gun ammo. Pulled a bunch of the 85 gr .308 bullets load so much easier into European, Norma PPU, GECO etc cases. US 71 gr .312 FMJ's will bulge the case enough it wont chamber. Will see how it shoots with heavier powder and bullets later in the week. I Iike it fun little toy built like a tank! Heavier than my Smith & Wesson EZ 9 MM! I know European .32 is loaded with .308/309 73 and 77 gr bullets and is hotter than US stuff. Ejected everything I stuck in it about 150 rounds. Seems to like the heavier 85 7.62X25 FMJ's. Picked up a Undersized Lee Sizer should fix the bulging issues! New chrono issues, would Bluetooth to my phone!   I was getting High to mid 900-1060 fps depending on bullets and powder.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 06:57:16 PM by GreasyStool »