Author Topic: CZ 527 in 6 MM ARC discussion starter  (Read 5625 times)

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

CZ 527 in 6 MM ARC discussion starter
« on: February 05, 2021, 06:36:03 PM »
Looking for a CZ 527 in 6mm ARC. I have wanted a fast twist 6mm PPC PPC type cartridge for a long while now. Seems like in the next 5 years a Factory 527 in 6mm ARC would be more than doable. If I am not that patient would anyone here know of a group buy for a drop in 6MM ARC barrel in 6MM ARC?

Came across one in 6 Grendel variant a few years b4 CZ offered the Factory Grendel. I am happy with the Grendel to say the least. Just think the ARC may be a bit more recoil friendly for a youth gun or just someone who desires less recoil from a light weight mini action rifle.

No hurry I suppose as Brass & or ammo is currently in tight supply like nearly everything else.

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

Re: CZ 527 in 6 MM ARC discussion starter
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 09:10:48 AM »
Perhaps my best option will be a re-barrel. Seeing some indicators that CZ may be discontinuing a lot of rifles including the 527. Can anyone confirm or deny the discontinuation of the 527?

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 03:08:28 PM »
I've heard some rumors, but nothing concrete yet.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 06:37:47 PM »
Think Ill order a drop in barrel from Pacnor & then Ill have at least 5 months to find components to reload. The components I namely brass Expect difficulty.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 06:39:41 PM »
Good luck!! Primers will be your biggest hurdle....
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 04:50:14 AM »
Brass is the only item I really do not have.

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 06:59:27 AM »
So what do you want to bet, CZ has at least 1 prototype 6 ARC out there being tested prior to releasing a new 527 chambering to market? My gut says 2021 is a prototype year for CZ on the 6 ARC just to insure there are no worries prior to releasing to market.

Well before summers end, Ill have a personal  prototype any way, thanks to the help of Pac-nor barrels.

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 08:58:22 PM »
Received The 22" 1 in 7.5 T Pacnor barrel A couple months ago. Still loving it. Think they call this a fast barrel. Finding all max listed loads need to be backed off a little more than 1 grain to achieve same velocities. What I really like about this barrel so far is the easy clean up & the lower recoil compared to the 6.5 Grendel

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 09:02:29 PM »
That is cool! How is the brass search coming?
CZ 75B SA
CZ Rami BD 9MM
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Proud Army Dad

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2021, 03:49:27 PM »
Options for brass Have included Purchasing factory ammo. Also have fire formed Lapua 220 Russian & trimmed to length. Others are forming 6.5 Grendel to 6mm arc. Forming 7.62 x39 is another option that can be done though I feel there are much better small rifle options. options

Really liking the 6mm Arc in this CZ 527 platform. Not liking Factory ammo so much as the longer OAL is a fair bit more difficult to load the magazine. For hunting purposes I expect 100 grain bullets & less will be preferred in this platform based on my experience.

Unless a guy wishes to have the option of lighter 65 & 70 grain bullets I can't go very far to encourage others to go this rout vs the 6.5 Grendel. ARC may be a better Varmint gun though there are many lighter options to cover that task. Still somehow I really do like it, suppose I am liking the somewhat lesser felt recoil & flatter trajectory. well see in a year or so when the newness wears off.

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 06:08:26 AM »
Made the 6mm arc my go to gun for rifle deer this fall. In the end the load settled on was the 108 GR Elite hunter by Berger. Decided on the high shoulder shot to be preferred weeks before deer hunting opener. Second day of season I was pursuing a large bodied heavy tall racked 4x4 whitetail.

See more in the link below.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/243-is-to-large-wink.288173/
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 06:21:54 AM by SD 6.5 Grendel »

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 12:37:54 PM »
Well Been shooting this CZ 527 chambered in6mm ARC, for a little over a year now & still my current  favorite rifle. After more experience with this rifle I try to understand why I like this package so much. So as mentioned already the lesser recoil makes this a joy to shoot. The wide variety of comparable bullets facilitates a wide variety of utility uses as well as target use. As a reloader I appreciate the capability near & qui       

This will again be my deer rifle of choice this November. Picked up a few left over Whitetail doe tags for this season. Intend on sticking with 82 to 87 grain lead free projectiles for this season. still working on load development & currently see 2 bullets that show a lot of promise not that there not more than two very good lead free bullet options to choose from.

Quite disappointed to see CZ not seeing there way through to continuing on with the CZ 527. Sorry to see the model 600 has not done so well either.

On a positive note, Im quite thankful for the CZ 527's experienced over the years.