Author Topic: My "New" RAMI P  (Read 56355 times)

b5.5dan

Re: My "New" RAMI P
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »
The ones he makes are MUCH nicer than mine.  :laugh:

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
97B if you have big enough hands.

You won't be dissapointed with the quality, reliability or accuracy!

KEV
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

b5.5dan

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
Yes... The 97B is HIGH on my list. And alas, the RAMI P is gone. I will leave it at that. I'm off .40 S&W AND poly frame firearms. But now I need another smaller pistol, and I would like a standard RAMI in 9mm. Unless, of course, I'm big enough to CC the 97B.  :cheesy:

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
In my exprience, if you can't try out a 97B locally, look for a large framed Witness in 45 or 10mm.

The grip is only slightly smaller than the big CZ, or it was in my case.

Hakn Pek crafted me some slim line grips for both guns.

They just became to big for me to carry around.

The HIGH NOON topless holster (horsehide) fit both guns very well.

You will LOVE they way it shoots!

IF the 97B or BD doesn't fit you right, the alloy framed RAMIs should do just fine.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »
Did you find a smaller CZ or bite on the big 97B?

I've been so busy with the new grnad-baby being here most every day, that I have little time for anyhting else.

A quick trip into here and some other forums when he finally sleeps.

anyhow, best of luck with that new CZ.
www.CZforum.com

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
Any updates?

The RAMI P in 9mm is one way to go.

a bit lighter than the alloy framed RAMI but equally as reliable in my book.

cheaper, too!

www.CZforum.com

b5.5dan

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:56 PM »
Well, my wife finally realized *about* how much was going into new firearms and I had to sleep on the couch for a couple of months...  :laugh:
Seriously though, I use my SP-01 for EDC, but after some of my other firearm needs are met I will be getting a RAMI in 9mm. I just need a AR/AK for the house and a better shotgun. Seriously. I need those things! haha

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »
I'd like a 97BD for a house and range gun.

Too heavy for my bad back for me to carry, but still a nice goal for me to save for.

Same for that Dan Wesson GUARDIAN .45 ACP that would cost me twice as much.

I'm sure you will get that RAMI P someday.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

RAMIfied

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 07:29:27 AM »
wohoo! finally got my license yesterday! NOT easy where i live. and the 25 FMJ bullets that i'm allowed to buy PER year.  :shocked:  i guess dry firing is my only option to get used to this gun. hihihi. anywho.
so i cleaned the gun yesterday after picking it up from the armourer's, will probably take it to the range sometime this month (with my 25 bullets) and see how it shoots.

QUESTION: racking the slide is REALLY hard, and so is manipulating the slide stop lever. is that normal? is it because the gun has never been fired? is the something i can do to improve that without firing it?
i'm well built so i know it's not a strength issue, my girlfriend can't even rake the slide or push the slide stop.
advice please
thanks!

b5.5dan

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
Welcome to the Forum! 25 bullets a year? WTH?  :embarrassed:
Racking the slide is just aq bit stiff on those I'm afraid... Shooting would loosen it, but since you can't... You could contact Wolff Gunsprings for a low power replacement. THat should give you great success!

RAMIfied

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 02:20:31 AM »
thanks for the prompt reply!  :cheesy:
yeah 25, it's the law here, we can't buy cartridges without a permit issued from the police station and that's the limit for handguns. my license ends in July so i'll be able to at least shoot these 25 and get another 25 for protection. and we can't buy HP (FMJ only).
i had another question: now i'm COMPLETELY new to guns, i've read a lot but never actually manipulated one. the RAMI P i have feels very "plasticky", like if i apply moderate pressure the trigger guard bends a bit as does the grip bottom when the magazine is out. is that normal for all polymer handguns or just the RAMI P? cause from the material the polymer is mad out of it seems to me like the only thing keeping the slide in check are the front and rear inserts. is that how it always is?
thanks!

RAMIfied

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 02:29:04 AM »
You could contact Wolff Gunsprings for a low power replacement. THat should give you great success!

thanks will do, am checking it out now though so far can't find any springs for the RAMI, but will continue searching. will putting a reduced power spring affect the recoil or function of the gun in any adverse way?

b5.5dan

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »
Where do you live, if you don't mind my asking?
I think that the feeling you feel is par for the polymer course. My RAMI felt like that, as did my Glock before I got rid of it. The poly is pretty amazing, and won't snap, break, or fall apart for anything. That said, after a couple hundred rounds to frame MAY start to bulge a little bit around the ejection port. This is normal but doesn't always happen.

When you think of a firearm, you think of a cold, hard, unforgiving piece of steel, right? So any movement can be unsettling. But with poly firearms it's a whole new ballgame. The upside is that if you can carry your firearm concealed (or even open) for a full day, you are saving 2 pounds from your hip. It makes a big difference. Personally I still prefer steel or alloy, but that's just me. You will like your RAMI. They are solid firearms. Especially if, as I suspect (or have read from your earlier posts  :laugh: ) if you got it in 9mm Para.

25 rounds a year...   :sad:
Come live in Utah. They give you a 500 round box of .22lr when you leave the hospital after your original birthday!  :laugh:

b5.5dan

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 02:41:14 AM »
Hmm... I can't find any replacement recoil springs for the RAMI either. I guess I should have thought of that before I suggested it. Sorry 'bout that... Let me think... I wonder if a reduced-power subcompact Glock spring would work. We have several members here who are more knowledgeable on the topic than I. For now, just cycle the action and use snap-caps or other improvisations... I'll keep looking!

RAMIfied

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
Where do you live, if you don't mind my asking?
I think that the feeling you feel is par for the polymer course. My RAMI felt like that, as did my Glock before I got rid of it. The poly is pretty amazing, and won't snap, break, or fall apart for anything. That said, after a couple hundred rounds to frame MAY start to bulge a little bit around the ejection port. This is normal but doesn't always happen.

When you think of a firearm, you think of a cold, hard, unforgiving piece of steel, right? So any movement can be unsettling. But with poly firearms it's a whole new ballgame. The upside is that if you can carry your firearm concealed (or even open) for a full day, you are saving 2 pounds from your hip. It makes a big difference. Personally I still prefer steel or alloy, but that's just me. You will like your RAMI. They are solid firearms. Especially if, as I suspect (or have read from your earlier posts  :laugh: ) if you got it in 9mm Para.

25 rounds a year...   :sad:
Come live in Utah. They give you a 500 round box of .22lr when you leave the hospital after your original birthday!  :laugh:

LOL! Utah sounds like an interesting place!
I live on the other side of the world, in Tanzania which is in the eastern part of Africa.  :shocked:

thanks for the clarification on polymers cause i was worried there for a moment! but it does feel nice to hold and the SA trigger feels great.
i emailed them regarding the recoil springs and will look around. will ask at the gunshop as well. thanks again!  :grin: