Author Topic: New 720 Youth 20 Guage for my wife  (Read 9297 times)

diggerman

New 720 Youth 20 Guage for my wife
« on: October 24, 2013, 05:50:45 AM »
I just purchased a new 720 youth for my wife.  I broke it in yesterday and WOW!  I love this gun.  I was shooting cheap 7/8 oz Winchesters through it and it never missed a beat!  I was expecting it to have problems ejecting these cheap light loads, but I shot great right out of the box.  The PROBLEM is that I bought this gun as a surprise gift and when I got it home it just doesn't quite fit her.  I called CZ and they said there was no replacement stock for this gun.  The gun is just a little long believe it or not and I need some suggestions as to what I should do.  I really want this to work for her.  I am from Middelbury Indiana which is in the Elkhart/South Bend area.  Any suggestions would be great or a referral to a gunsmith with great customer service.

diggerman

Re: New 720 Youth 20 Guage for my wife
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 05:54:59 AM »
Update: I took a chance and cut the stock off to shorten the LOP.  Bought a Limbsaver Grind to Fit Recoil pad and completed the project myself.  It fits my wife perfect!  If anyone needs advice on this sort of project let me know. :grin: