Author Topic: Illinois Newbie CZ Newbie  (Read 1816 times)

electramike

Illinois Newbie CZ Newbie
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »
Just picked up me CZ Phantom, been stalking Buds for quite a while,but could not pull the trigger on $520+,happend to call my local gun shop and they just got in a Phantom on trade, was not even in the counter yet. Like brand new, maybe 50 rounds, I negotiated $375.00 out the door, Like winning the lotto,DA Pull is gritty and stagey, But really aren,t most shots in SA?i have seen some post on trigger jobs,bneing a tool and die maker hopefully I could pull it off,besides i can,t leave any thing alone, have to put my own sig. on  it.
  Glad to be part of the community!

b5.5dan

Re: Illinois Newbie CZ Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
First and foremost, welcome to CZ Forum! This is an awesome place full of great people. It's like a family here!

As to you getting that pistol for $375... I hate you! haha! Seriously, that is an amazing deal and I will be jealous forever!
A gritty trigger you say? I would be surprised if the pistol had 50 rounds through it. My 75B was gritty when I bought it brand new and I was also concerned. But I put 100 rounds through, and did some snap-cap fires, and after 200 pulls is felt great. After 500 pulls it feels amazing! A trigger job will make it heavenly, but if you don't want to do it, a little bit of time will make a HUGE difference!

Well, I hope you enjoy your time here, and we look forward to hearing how she treats you. I know you will be pleased!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:53:07 AM »
         WOW  :shocked:  ok you can't come here any more unless you share your toys.  :tongue:  I would seriously consider not knocking Jane Fonda on her butt for a deal like that! Welll ok I'd still belt her, even if it cost me the deal. But I'd only belt the witch once instead of  as many times as I could before anyone made me stop. :cool:
         Good job on your part with the haggling. and on that note allow me to also Welcome you to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions, or answer them if you choose to. We have truelly great members here.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

electramike

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! On vacation for a couple weeks as of sat, so i wont be able to play with the phantom, but when I get back, Oh Boy!,, Yep hopefully that trigger will smooth up with some range time, And the $375.00 I could not believe it when the dealer said he would take that, i started at $300, and knew he would laugh at that, I actually almost feel guilt about. the $375.00               NOT!