Author Topic: CZ P10C 2000 round review  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Logan

CZ P10C 2000 round review
« on: October 29, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »
I've put 2000 rounds through my P10C and have the following observations:

Overall impression, great gun, has run flawlessly with the cheapest range ammo I can find. These days it's mostly the Winchester white box ammo with some Blazer Brass thrown in.

It points very naturally for me and is easy to aim.  I am a very average shooter and am getting 6" groups at 25 yards with the cheap ammo.

I did replace the trigger with a CGW trigger because the tip of the stock trigger was pinching my finger against the trigger guard.  This solved the problem and I have had no issues since.  The stock trigger was nice with a mostly smooth uptake, very defined wall, and just a minimal amount of travel/creep after the wall.  Trigger reset is short and very audible and tactile.  Having said that, the CGW trigger is a definite improvement.  Smooth uptake without any roughness, definite wall with no travel/creep and a very crisp break.  The length of pull and reset are comparable to the stock trigger.  Pull weight is just a hair lighter on the CGW.

It took me a while to decide how I feel about the grip texture.  It's definitely sharp on the front and backstraps and the nubs do dig into your fingers and the heel of your hand.  It does give you a very good purchase, and for the most part it doesn't bother me except on the heel of my strong hand if I go 200 rounds.  Having said that, I still find the gun to be quite slippery when it's either hot out and my hands are slippery, or when it's cold out and my hands are dry.  I finally figured out that the slippage comes from my support hand where the heel of my thumb sits right on the smooth part of the grip between where the texture on the side panel stops and the slide release lever.  This smooth area exists on most polymer guns.  I've ordered some Talon grip tape and that should hopefully solve the problem.

The factory sights were adequate but they didn't have the night sights available when I purchased my pistol.  I have swapped them out for Night Fision sights and these have been great.  Love the big orange dot in the front with the blacked out rear sights.  It appears that the upcoming line of P10C, S, and F will ship with a similar setup from the factory so that is good news.

Offline WWG1WGA

Re: CZ P10C 2000 round review
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »
Yep. That little S has my attention.

I certainly don't need another pistol.. but you guys know how that goes..  :wink: