Author Topic: New CZ P10C problem  (Read 10099 times)

Offline xring

New CZ P10C problem
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
This is not the first post I wanted to make. I am a long time CZ owner of both hanguns and rifles. On my first trip to the range, I experienced 2 jams in 90 rounds.Ammo was Win white box, 115 gr. On round 2, then around round 60, the trigger remained to the rear. I saw the round almost entering the chamber, and gave the slide rear a good tap to feed the round. No. Dropped the mag, cycled the slide, but it would not return to battery on an empty chamber. I inserted a loaded mag, and it worked normally until the second jam with the same symptoms. I did also fire 10 rds. Of Speer Gold Dot plus p without incident. One more thing. Has anyone had what I would describe as trigger slap on these? My finger was uncomfortable after 10 rounds, and the trigger rebound spring seems very strong. If this was S&W, it would already be for sale, but I have to give this CZ a chance. I'm not aiming to knock this one, as I really want to appreciate another CZ. Ser. # is C29000xx if it matters. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! PS: Cleaned and lubed prior to firing...

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: New CZ P10C problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:02:45 AM »
My 75 BD had a problem that would cause it to jam with the cartridge half way into the chamber.  It turned out to be the Extractor.  Some cases (with a fat rim) would not slide under the extractor while feeding.  After I took the extractor out and polished the underside the problem vanished.  This could possibly cause the problem that you are experiencing.

Offline xring

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 10:17:33 AM »
I'm learning that CZ made some quiet rolling changes to this model. This one definitely did not see those changes. Most run fine, but I got unlucky. It's gone. I may try anotherone down the line.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:50 PM »
Hate to hear it. My p10 has been flawless, so far. Knock on wood.
Sometimes it happens, dont let it discourage you from ever getting another.

Offline xring

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:02:12 PM »
I know. I have a friend with the same model, and his has been good also. I think there was more going on with mine. I have shot striker fired guns for years. The latest, a Glock 19, and 30sf. Very smooth shooting. The P10c seemed to slap my finger forward after every shot, actually being uncomfortable after 2 mags. Trigger slap? I don't know. So I got an H&K P30sk that is so smooth, I love it. So much so, I'm considering another to stash away. I'm also interested in the HK VP9sk, but now I'm sorta gun shy on strikers. I love CZ, and will probably have another, but I am being seduced by HK to be honest. I guess I have to test fire my friends to get a true feel for it.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
Give another one a try,, one cz that is similar to the p10, but a hammer gun is the p07,

Offline marinedoc

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »
I have a new CZ P-10 C. I found that it functioned flawlessly with all factory ammo that I fed it but did not chamber my reloads using the Hornady 115 gr .365 diam tapered bullets but did fine with reloads using Berry RN 124 gr bullets. This could probably be corrected by readjusting my reloads  to conform to the CZ but since I've reloaded thousands of Hornady bullets with no problem (and still have several hundred waiting to reload) with my other 9mm guns, just easier to dedicate the Berry reloads for my P-10. As an aside, not only did it not chamber the Hornady rounds but they got stuck in the chamber and only with great effort could I pull the slide back to eject the live round.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 10:40:17 PM »
CZ's are notorious for having tight chambers. After having several round stick in the chamber and cost me at matches, I started chamber checking (plunking) all my rounds. Haven't had an issue since.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Logan

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 05:08:32 PM »
I've found my P10 to be sensitive to limp-wristing with respect to extraction issues.  This is my first pistol so there was a bit of a learning curve.  I had two stove-pipe jams and a number of shells eject straight back and hit me in the face.  Once I learned to hold the gun with a proper firm grip, those issues went away and I have had no issues for the last 1500+ rounds.  Like the OP, I shoot mostly Winchester white box.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 10:27:23 PM »
Any improvements?

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 09:11:17 AM »
it but did not chamber my reloads using the Hornady 115 gr .365 diam tapered bullets but did fine with reloads using Berry RN 124 gr bullets.
9mm bullets are .356 and Makarov bullets are .365.  You can NOT shoot Makarov bullets in a 9X19 gun.

Offline gaijin

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 06:14:09 AM »
CZ's are notorious for having tight chambers. After having several round stick in the chamber and cost me at matches, I started chamber checking (plunking) all my rounds. Haven't had an issue since.

Actually CZ's have notoriously short Leades, not tight chambers.
Common for a COAL (Cartridge OverAll Length) exceeding 1.11X fail to go into battery.
CZ's newer (model) barrels are  Nitrided, so a simple lengthening of leade with a reamer isn't doable.
For handloaders; load cartridge length to your chamber(s), plunk/drop test ammo in the barrel it will be shot in as mentioned above. You will have no further problem with that gun/ammo going into battery.