Author Topic: CZ 83 feeding problems  (Read 1881 times)

bamajoey

CZ 83 feeding problems
« on: February 21, 2015, 06:30:23 PM »

I have a CZ 83 I bought  from Cole Distributors that I am having a feeding problem with. I have the original mag, as well as 2 aftermarket mags, and am having the same problem with all three. It will feed and fire several rounds then the slide will lock open with a round sitting at the top of the mag. I can hit the slide release, or rack the slide and the round will go into firing position, the slide will close and I can fire several more rounds before it happens again. There doesn't appear to be any problem with ejecting spent brass.
Can anyone give me any ideas what the problem may be? Any ideas will be appreciated.
[size=0.85em][/size]
[size=0.85em][/size]

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ 83 feeding problems
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:09:28 AM »
Take the slide off of the frame.  Next take a loaded magazines and put it in the frame.  Try pushing a cartridge out of the mag as if it was being loaded by the slide. 
Does it hit the slide lock?  Does the slide lock have any marks that indicate that this is the problem? 
Another symptom of this problem is copper gilding on the stop.  Look for this when the gun is dirty after shooting for a while.  Let us know what you find.

bamajoey

Re: CZ 83 feeding problems
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
Thanks a lot, I'll give that a try.