Author Topic: P10 rear tritium sight not bright/replaced  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Dzczp10

P10 rear tritium sight not bright/replaced
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:33:40 AM »
After going to the range now since I purchased the FDE P10 a few months ago, I didn't really notice the rear sight illumination. Probably a few weeks a go in the house at night I had the firearm out unloaded and no magazine. I noticed the tritium 2 dot rear sight 
didn't seem to glow bright enough on the left side dot.Maybe half as much as the right one.I cleaned both of them thinking they might be dirty.There was no change.So, I went to the range I showed it to one of the managers. He could definitely tell and confirm that one dot was brighter. Not really a big deal it had no affect on accuracy.In a lighted situation it was not easy to tell.
But, now since I noticed it I called my dealer and they said you can send in the sight attached to the slide and they will replace it. From looking at other P10's rear sights at a few dealers and on line I decide to get a Dawson Precision rear tritium sight from Cajun Gun Works.
Wow, what a difference.Same brightness as the front sight now.
Can't believe I was shooting with the OEM sights all this time the way they were. Nothing wrong with the factory installed which had a  more subtle glow than the new one. At the end of the day sometimes the tritium sights front or rear can be less bright depending on install,handling,shipping from what I have read. Or just maybe an older sight? The half life on tritium is 12.5 years they say.Anyway love the new sight and accuracy still on.Love my CZ P10c!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 07:45:00 AM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: P10 rear tritium sight not bright/replaced
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 05:46:24 AM »
Thanks for the write up, I may get the same sight set from cgw

Offline Dzczp10

Re: P10 rear tritium sight not bright/replaced
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
Good to hear from you. The CGW rear sight b;ock is a little smaller overall than the OEM. Still fits in the dovetail.Recommended lock-tite on bottom surface and set screw. The CGW are metal.
The 2 dots are spaced maybe 1-2mm closer? But once installed and a couple of rounds thru I didnt notice anything different. The diameter of the tritium is more closely sized to the front sight than my OEM's were. As the forum has said these tritium style  should be seen decent during the day as well as low light or no light. They are!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:58:03 AM by Dzczp10 »