Author Topic: Shadow 2 Question  (Read 2356 times)

Offline rmiddlemas

Shadow 2 Question
« on: September 17, 2018, 06:09:51 PM »
How is the trigger on the Shadow 2 as it is from the factory?  Competition-ready, or needs to be refined?  Will probably use for steel matches.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Shadow 2 Question
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! While I don't own one, I've shot several that were stock. The DA pull is a little heavy, but smooth and the SA is right on point, at least from my view point..YMMV.....Since i shoot an SA pistol most of the time, any DA will be heavy... :laugh:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 05:38:26 AM »
The s2 is pretty much ready to go. When I shoot steel with mine I do it in single action and use the raised safety that came with the gun because the flat safety can be sometimes difficult to disengage.
Except for installing a 10lb recoil spring, my steel challenge s2 is bone stock, and I love shooting it.

Offline rmiddlemas

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 07:35:18 AM »
I've got 2 decockers (SP-01 & P-01) that CZ Custom has worked on, and while they are fun to shoot, they are primarily for protection.  So, I'd like to get a target/fun gun.  I'm too old and fat to compete in USPSA any more, but steel might be fun.  Thinking about a Shadow, Shadow 2 or TS.  I did get to dry-fire an S2 at a store last week, and felt the take-up was no better than my decockers..certainly not up to the standards of my 1911's, but with a pivoting trigger, perhaps that is to be expected, and some break-in time would surely help.  Question, generically, what load do you use in shooting steel?  I presume a light 115 grain load?