Author Topic: Slide Blemish from the Factory  (Read 2581 times)

Offline ducatiti

Slide Blemish from the Factory
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »
Hello all. First post here. Long time listener first time caller =)

I finally purchased my first CZ and totally understand the craze. Call me weird but I really appreciate the trigger on my SP-01 both SA/DA compared to my Sig P226 Scorpion. DA action is just smooth out of the box and feels lighter. Sig is kind of gritty with the DA pull. Reset on the SRT though is phenomenal but there's something about the CZ I really like.

Now to my question... I have read that the polycoat overspray or bumps are considered a norm even for new pistols and have learned to accept this. But I have this particular blemish that goes deeper than the polycoat almost to the metal. I already have contacted CZ and they offered to inspect the firearm before they decide.

I am now just worried that they will just inspect and say that this normal as well and just send it back. In addition to the time lost not having the gun, risk of loss, and a day off I will have to take in order to receive the gun back delivered to my house. I know this is a tool and I will eventually forget about this given future dings and scratches to come, but it bothers me a bit considering I bought this new.

Anyone here encounter a similar problem  and would like to share how CZ handled the issue. Right now, I'm at 70% keeping it as it is, and 30% returning it for inspection.

Below is a picture of the mentioned factory blemish and thank you in advance for your opinions.

Offline Luger Fan

Re: Slide Blemish from the Factory
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Looks like a nick not a blemish. Ask CZ BUT I think you should be able to send the slide, USPS Flat Rate small box $7.35, rather than the entire gun $40.00. CZ MAY even give you a shipping label so there is no cost for shipping.

Not up to me but I THINK they will call it a nick/bump/drop not a blemish. Good luck.

Luger

Offline ducatiti

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 02:29:13 PM »
Looks like a nick not a blemish. Ask CZ BUT I think you should be able to send the slide, USPS Flat Rate small box $7.35, rather than the entire gun $40.00. CZ MAY even give you a shipping label so there is no cost for shipping.

Not up to me but I THINK they will call it a nick/bump/drop not a blemish. Good luck.

Luger

Good suggestion by sending the slide only. What kind of repair can be done on a nick besides touch up paint? Now I'm thinking it would not be worth it as they would just touch it up. Would something like this warrant for a new replacement possibly? I asked CZ but they simply replied by saying that they need to further inspect.

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 03:04:42 PM »
IF you can send them a pic and ask for advice. That would have to be block sanded anf recoated.

Offline J Mercurio

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 09:48:17 PM »
I agree with Luger Fan.. take a better pic and send it to the them.. Its an easy fix..

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 05:44:35 AM »
Luger fan has it figured out, try doing what he suggested. Looks like a nick, and can easily be fixed