Author Topic: P-01 vs P-01 Omega comparison  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Luger Fan

P-01 vs P-01 Omega comparison
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »
I have a P-01 and a P-01 Omega. Love both but thought I would take both to range for a side by side comparision:

Omega has night sites, P-01 not from factory
Omega has a easier hammer to cock, because of the shape
Omega has a better trigger pull and doesn't pinch your shooting finger pad after 4-5 mags like the P-01 does, maybe that's just ......the way I shoot but it gets real bad after the 5th mag.
P-01 decocker is much easier to use, because of the shape
The decocker is on both sides so it's also perfect for the the lefties or if you get injured and can't use the strong side decocker
The Omega is FAR more acurate , 2-3 inches better, at 75 feet, maybe that's just the patarcular gun rather than the model.
Both have textured grips but Omega is a smaller pattern making it easier on the hand. Too smooth they slide in the hand when ............wet, too rough/sharp and they don't draw blood BUT make it unpleasent after long range sessions. I have 13 mags, four 18 rounders, so it does add up.

Either way I  started shooting in the Marines in 1968 and have owned almose every foreign and domestic handgun made. The ...........P-01 is IN MY OPINION the finest handgun made. If I had to go into combact again, former 0311 Grunt, this would be ...........on my hip.       

Overall the winner looks like the Omega.

Luger Fan
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:08:32 PM by Luger Fan »