Author Topic: Censorship & Over Moderation  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Kolholznik

Censorship & Over Moderation
« on: June 06, 2016, 08:28:13 AM »
Not sure what forum to put this in but, General Discussion seems to be the most appropriate.

Allow me to preface this just by saying that it's a pleasure to be here among other CZ enthusiasts.  While I am a huge CZ fan, I do own other brands of firearms and often comment about them both good and bad.  My favorites are my CZ pistols, though - my P-01 and my Matte Stainless 75B.

These two pistols revived my interest in shooting after several years of wrangling with AR's and 1911's.  I was getting burned-out, needed a change and 're-discovering' CZ's was just the breath of fresh air I needed a few months ago to get back out at the range and start shooting in bowling pin matches on weekends again.  Too much fun!

However, I must have over-stepped the rules of the 'other' CZ forum by discussing an experience I recently had with a new 1911 that I foolishly purchased on impulse.  Without going into a lot of unnecessary details, my post was critical of the manufacturer's (wasn't CZ or DW) lack of quality control.  I attempted to evolve it into a discussion about industry-wide lacks of quality control - not just firearms but practically everything we purchase nowadays: cars, houses, computers, phones, etc.  I thought the 1911 pistol I had just bought was a perfect example: after 50 rounds the frame was gouging the metal on the righthand side of the slide's dustcover, the manual safety lever would randomly engage between shots (recoil?), the adjustable rear windage adjustment didn't work, and the trigger had so much take-up I couldn't believe it was intentionally made that way.

Apparently, one of the moderators didn't appreciate use of the forum to relate my experience and posted a very inappropriate and oddly-emotional response before banning me.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Anyway, here's hoping the administrators of this forum are less apt to take things the opposite of how they're intended.  Thanks again.  I look forward to contributing what I can.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:17:02 PM by Kolholznik »
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: Censorship & Over Moderation
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »
Welcome to our forum and back to CZ's....I shoot competitively myself, but haven't shot a bowling pin match yet.....looks like fun tho....We are all pretty easy going here and as long as you don't spam or be rude or disrespectful and keep it firearm and mostly CZ related...you are good to go. We look forward to hearing more from you.....

Again, welcome to our forum!!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
Welcome to our forum and back to CZ's....I shoot competitively myself, but haven't shot a bowling pin match yet.....looks like fun tho....We are all pretty easy going here and as long as you don't spam or be rude or disrespectful and keep it firearm and mostly CZ related...you are good to go. We look forward to hearing more from you.....

Again, welcome to our forum!!

Thank you!  Will try to reserve my input in this forum to CZ's only.  I've been shooting the daylights out of both my P-01 and 75B lately - such fantastic pistols.  CZ really knows what they're doing.  My only 'criticism' is the standard fixed sights: the dots could be a tad brighter.  Otherwise, that's it.  No complaints.  I shot two, five-relay pin matches last weekend with my 75B for the first time.  Out of ten relays, I shot four sub-six second (6 shot) strings out of the ten.  Nothing to write home about but, about as good as I do with anything I take to the match.  My main issue is always magazine changes.  That's where I'm losing 3+ seconds.  It was encouraging to me, though.  If you've never done a pin match, I highly recommend giving it a try.  You'll never want to shoot paper targets again!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:50:20 PM by Kolholznik »
CZ 75B Matte Stainless, (2) CZ P-01's, CZ 75D PCR, CZ 455 American Synthetic, Colt 6721 HBAR, Remington 700 LR .300 WM, Sig 1911 TTT, Sig P220 Elite

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
As my eyes change (not for the better) I have more trouble with sights.  The last couple of years I have been putting fiber optic sights on my guns.  They have made a huge difference.  I recommend them to everyone.

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 08:20:17 AM »
As my eyes change (not for the better) I have more trouble with sights.  The last couple of years I have been putting fiber optic sights on my guns.  They have made a huge difference.  I recommend them to everyone.

I'm planning to send both to CGW at some point.  Just having too much fun with them right now to consider it.  The P-01 will be the first to get its trigger worked on and the sights replaced.  Don't get me wrong, the P-01's trigger isn't that bad as it is but, I have heard that CGW works wonders with them.  Then, I'll send the 75B to them for the same thing.  I'm really appreciating the extra 1" of sight radius on the 75B - more than I thought I would.  The pistol is crazy-accurate at 15-25 yards:

15 yards, standing offhand.  CCI Blazer 115gr FMJ

25 yards, standing offhand.  American Eagle 124gr FMJ  (I spazz'd-out on the first couple of mags)

Again, nothing really to brag about but, better results than my 56 year-old eyes expected.  Considering I've been shooting nothing but 1911's the past few years, I'm beyond impressed with my CZ's straight out of the box.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
           You won't be the last person banned from the "Other" Forum, I have had my own experience with them and I think the same Mod. You wouldn't believe why they banned me, lol, but I'm not going into that here.

And yes, we would prefer that topics be orientated towards CZ's but it's been pointed out to me by a number of folks who's expertise I respect and have the Honor of calling Friends, that sooner of later comments about the "other" firearms are simply going to happen, and trying to Censor them is not only a waste of time but rather silly in the long run.

Actually, doing the odd comparison between brands and what makes them different from CZ's is advantageous for a number of reasons. And frankly not all CZ's are in fact great all the time. If they were then folks like CZCustom, and Cajun Gun Works wouldn't be in business upgrading them. Those folks (and other's) can take a not Great CZ and turn it into a Great CZ.

I am NOT saying it's "Open Season" to bring up other Mfg. willy nilly but sometimes it's not a bad thing, since in the end, it may help everyone and give some ides on how to improve their own personal CZ. We'll see how things play out, and revisit this at a later time.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Kolholznik

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »

To me, the ultimate endorsement of anything is if it's something you're willing to bet your life on.  My EDC is a P-01.  That pretty much says it all, in my humble opinion.  I have put 1200+ downrange since March without one single malfunction whatsoever.  It has been one of the most consistent pistols I've ever owned and shoots better than most of them.  I liked it so much, I couldn't wait to get my hands on a stainless 75B - which has become my all-time favorite: stupidly accurate, virtually no recoil and absolutely beautiful in my eye.  I know that CZ's are an acquired-taste but, damn, that 75 in stainless steel is gorgeous!  LOL

OK, well, I figured there might be a valid reason behind an 'alternate' CZ forum and you've pretty much told me everything I need to know.  It's ridiculous.  I agree there's no reason to discuss it further.  If that's their idea of tolerance for opinions that may differ from their own, balanced moderation or whatever you want to call it - okey dokey.  No problem.

Offline bar the exit

• Banned!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:19:20 PM »
I know where your coming from.
I got kicked a 1911 forum for expressing dis satisfaction with a particular brand of mim heavy gun. I registered at another 1911 forum and was met by the same people who were mad at me from the other forum, kicked off again. Registered at a 3rd forum and once again ran into the same administrator who threatened to contact law enforcement on me- Banned again. Not for posting anything against the rules but just for questioning. I think it shows that some gun owners are more similar to liberals than they know.
Jelly- Lose this Fool!