Author Topic: H.R. 1093--The "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Reform Act"  (Read 4637 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Copied as is was is from "Gun Reports Web Site": http://www.gunreports.com/news/news/BATF-House-Bill-introduced_2814-1.html?typpf
Gun Reports Home >> NewsH.R. 1093--The "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Reform Act" IntroducedMarch 21, 2011

There are a number of comments but if you want to read them you have to go to the Gun Reports Web Site I listed at the top.

Printer Friendly | Email | document.write("<a href=\"" + "/news/news/BATF-House-Bill-introduced_2814-1.html?show_comments=1#post\""+" rel=\""+"nofollow\""+">Share Your Comments&nbsp;(18)</a>"); Share Your Comments (18)

Reps. Steve King (R-Iowa) and Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) have introduced H.R. 1093, the "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Reform Act." The bill would roll back unnecessary restrictions, correct errors, and codify longstanding congressional policies in the firearms arena. This bipartisan bill is a vital step to modernize and improve BATFE operations, according to NRA-ILA.
Of highest importance, H.R. 1093 totally rewrites the system of administrative penalties for licensed dealers, manufacturers and importers of firearms. Today, for most violations, BATFE can only give a federal firearms license (FFL) holder a warning, or totally revoke his license.
H.R. 1093 would allow fines or license suspensions for less serious violations, while still allowing license revocation for the kind of serious violations that would block an investigation or put guns in the hands of criminals. This prevents the all-too-common situations where BATFE has revoked licenses for insignificant technical violations -- such as improper use of abbreviations, or filing records in the wrong order.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
So this is a good thing. yay? LOL!